|Hilary Duff has been spotted many times during her pregnancy coming from & going to Pilates classes.|
Healthism lists 10 reasons to exercise while pregnant:
- Helps decrease fatigue, even in the first trimester. This is also true of insomnia.
- Can help women have a shorter labor. This is particularly true if you use movement in labor by changing positions.
- Has been shown to help women lose pregnancy weight faster.
- Helps with endurance during pregnancy and labor. We know labor is a marathon – so train for it!
- Decreases aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
- Can help reduce likelihood of tearing or severe trauma from episiotomy.
- Can reduce the number of cesareans that are necessary.
- It’s fun and feels great!
- Leads to a faster postpartum recovery. Add breastfeeding to kick start the weight loss of postpartum.
- It’s a habit that once started will lead to a lifetime of good fitness.
Not sure about the cesareans and episiotomy parts of this list, but everything else, I’d co-sign with!