I just discovered Live Happy Magazine when someone from the outlet that promotes the science of positive psychology by publishing and promoting inspiring features, relatable stories, and sage advice. In celebration of March 20 International Day of Happiness, the magazine has launched its its fourth annual #HappyActs campaign, encouraging small actions with a BIG impact that can make someone’s day a little brighter.
While checking out the mag’s website, I came across an article with 33 ways of creating a happy home. It was refreshing and right on time for me because I need these tips. Here are the top 8 from that list I’ve plucked out, curated to share with you all. Also, I think these are relatively simple and easy to do and some of them are Feng Shui:
- Open your home to a new furry friend.
2. Make sure your home represents your personality.
3. Open the windows and doors on a warm, sunny day to let in the fresh air.
4. Nurture a bonsai tree or orchid in a peaceful corner.
5. Plant a garden.
6. Make your bed every morning. (It gets your whole day off to a better start.)
7. Have a garage sale!
8. Switch out colorful carpet for natural-looking rugs or wood floors. (It reminds us of our savannah roots.)
9. Create a reading nook.
Also, here are the ways Live Happy is promoting its #HappyActs campaing encouraging everyone to “Make the World a Happier Place by
- Performing and sharing as many Happy Acts as possible during the month of March by taking a picture or video and using #HappyActs in your posts and tweets.
- Texting 82257 the word HappyActs to get a daily reminder in the month of March. Or Signing up for our daily email notices at happyacts.org.
- Visiting a Live Happy Happiness Wall (for a complete list of cities, go to happyacts.org).
- In the month of March, download our current digital edition of Live Happy magazine on iTunes or Google Play for free.
Live Happy will donate $1 to Big Brothers Big Sisters* for each #HappyActs shared at a Happiness Wall and has a variety of other resources for participants to continue their celebration of happiness, including the new May issue of Live Happy magazine and the publication’s first book, Live Happy: Ten Practices for Choosing Joy.