We all go through that period while pregnant when we feel fat, ugly, uncomfortable in our skin, pimply and just unattractive. The fact that you are carrying a miracle should make you feel beautiful inside and out. But realistically speaking, that’s easier said that done. So here is a quick little compilation of videos to remind you that you are still a gorgeous rock star and your loved ones appreciate you for all that you are. (Smile)
1. First up, is Christina Aguilera’s Beautiful because it does an excellent job of just putting it out there. We all are insecure at some point in our lives even those women who everyone feels is beautiful.
2. Next up, for those dark people all over the world in Brazil, Africa, America, India and Asia who don’t always feel beautiful in their brown skins – or full lips, wide hips and kinky hair – this one is for you. India.Arie’s “I am not my skin”
3. Kerli’s “Walking on Air” because you can’t help but feel it and believe it. The video is a wee bit on the creepy side, but it is visually stimulating
4. Natalie Merchant’s Wonder cause she incorporates so many different types of girls and women in her video and message
5. TLC’s Unpretty speaks to that person inside of us who so wants to belong and want to be beautiful according to society’s standards. Love it. RIP Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes
6. Kelli Pickler’s “Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful?” just because…it’s a great song and a wonderful video too.
7. MIKA’s Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) is a skinny skinny man celebrating women with curves
8. Jill Scott’s “Golden” has to make you feel great! It is very upbeat and empowering.
9. Jimmy Cliff was my favorite artist when I was a child and this song always made me happy. “I Can See Clearly Now” is an all time anthem to positivity.
10. Finally, my favorite artist in the world, Prince’s ode to “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World” – When he sings it, you believe it.