In this tough economy, it can be a challenge to rock a variety of quality fantabulous looks and styles. Thanks to social media sites like Facebook, many times you don’t want to repeat an outfit and appear wearing the same look too often in photo albums. What is a divalicious and stylish person to do? Hit one of the 6 discount stores that sell designer fashions for heavily discounted prices. This list would have been 8 and included Syms and Filene’s Basement, but sadly this year the owner of those stores announced they will be closing down and liquidating the stock. By now, there’s just slim pickings left.
Never fear, check out the other stores on this list for great finds!
Often, the clothes in these stores are from the previous season or slightly imperfect, but the overall construction of them is still tops! I love them.
1. T.J. Maxx – Its buyers search for 40 weeks in a year for designer over sales and negotiate the best prices. The result is 60% off designer originals.
2. Loehmann’s – I absolutely love love this store because in addition to designers brands, it also sells couture and very high end lines in its Back Room section. It sells accessories, perfumes, casual, business clothes, lingerie, formal wear and shoes. Oh the shoes!! It offers loyal customers a heavy discount the week of their birthday. I take advantage of this option each year!
3. Marshalls – This store also shops designer merchandise but boasts doing it for 52 weeks out of the year. That way, it can bring its customers the latest trends and many times those that are in during the current season. It’s a great place to find gifts and household items and home decorating accents.
4. Ross – This store also has a great range of designer clothes and stocks heavily Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan, Calvin Klein and Charles David shoes, among other brands. Ross has a great collection of children’s clothes and shoes and menswear as well. It has a usually consistent stash of fine, fashion and costume jewelry.
5 . Burlington Coat Factory – In addition to having a massive stock of great designer coats, this store also sells clothes, housewares and shoes. But what sets this store apart and which is great for Bellyitch readers is its humongous baby products department. It’s so large that people actually register with it. It’s a great place for your shower guests to let their dollars stretch!
6. Nordstrom Rack– It’s the best place you can find the brands that are sold at the Nordtrom stores at a fraction of the price. The best part about shopping there is you get the same quality return policies and customer service that you can expect at Nordstrom there! Awesome option.
If you live in the Fashion Capital New York City, you have additional options. Century21 is the best and has the best collection of designer clothes for less. Barney’s Warehouse has wonderful steals but be forewarned the prices there are still quite above most folks price ranges but for super couture designs, you can’t beat it!
What I discovered putting this post together is that each of these stores now offer daily deals. Online visitors can enter their name and email when they visit the site and get sent alerts when certain merchandise come into the stores! Sweet!