Everyone has their own unique ways of showing their kids that they love them. After all, if everyone expressed their love in the exact same ways we might as well be robots. However because no two people are the same, no two people can give out their love in exactly the same way. And while there are some ways that are obvious ways to display love, such as bestowing a hug or kiss on your child, there are some ways we show our love that aren’t ordinary at all, and maybe are even a little bit unusual. Check out 10 odd ways we show we love our kids.
- Teasing them: This might seem like a weird way to show that you love your child, but with some kids it works. We tease them by doing embarrassing things like dancing crazy in front of their friends or by lightly poking fun at them when we point out that their bedhead looks like a peacock. These things aren’t done in malice and certainly aren’t meant to hurt their feelings. It’s just our fun way of showing that we love them.
- Tickling them: You can tickle someone without necessarily loving them, but parents tend to tickle baby toes and pretend to eat feet when they’re trying to express their love for their kids. It’s a clear sign of affection, and making your kids laugh is one of the best ways to show them just how much you love them.
- Letting them jump into bed with you: While this may seem like a funny way to show your kids that you love them, it is one way that parents often show it. In fact, there’s no other explanation for why you would willingly let them jump into bed with you since there is less room and you are not as comfortable. However you know that your kids love it and it gives you a chance to snuggle with them, so time and time again you allow them to cramp your space.
- Cutting their sandwich into a fun shape: If your kid hates eating the crust on their sandwich, but you don’t want to be one of those parents that just cuts the crusts off you may choose to cut your child’s sandwich into a fun shape or puzzle pieces. This fun little loving gesture shows that you love your child because you didn’t just do what they wanted; you went the extra mile for them.
- Disciplining them: I’m sure you are wondering what this is doing on this list, but by disciplining your child you really are showing them that you love them. Through disciplining them you’re showing them that you care enough to set rules and boundaries for them to help shape them into better people. That’s a true testament to your love for them.
- By not letting them grow up too fast: Kids think that they are ready to take on the world and sometimes it’s up to mom and dad to put on the brakes. Make sure that your child knows that you have every confidence in them, but that being a grown up happens way too fast as it is. Love is finding ways to make sure they stay a kid as long as possible.