Potty training is a major milestone for your toddler, one that almost always requires a significant amount of patience and a bit of guidance for the parents and caregivers that are coaching them. Thanks to the Internet and the virtual village of experienced parents, childcare providers and childhood experts that maintain blogs, there’s a wealth of easily obtained information to be found. From preparation to bed-wetting help, here are thirty of the blogs that will help you turn your little one into a potty training success story.
Potty Training Preparation
As with so many things in life, the level of success that you and your child will experience is largely contingent upon your level of preparation. Getting your little one ready to transition out of diapers requires some advance planning, as these bloggers can attest.
- Potty Training Preparation
- Potty Training Preparation (Books, Movies and More!)
- Toilet Training (Getting Ready)
- Top Ten Questions for Parents Preparing to Potty Train – 3 Day Potty Training Method
- Preparing Your Autistic Child for Potty Training
Potty Training For Boys
Potty training a little boy presents a unique set of challenges for moms and female childcare providers, which might be why old wives’ tales assert that potty training a boy is more difficult than it is with little girls. These five blog posts tackle the issue of potty training from the little boy perspective, helping parents and caregivers get their little guy out of diapers.
- Potty Training For Boys
- Potty Training Boys
- Taking Aim at Potty Training a Boy
- How to Potty Train a Boy: The Method I Used
- Potty Training Boys
Potty Training For Girls
Every little girl is different, and will have her own unique experience with potty training. However, dads and male caregivers may find it daunting to assume the task of helping her break free of the diapers. These five blogs focus on potty training methods specific to little girls, rather than general, gender-neutral insights.
- A Concise Overview on Potty Training Girls
- Potty Training Girls
- Potty Training Tips for Girls
- How to Potty Train Your Toddler Girl
- 9 Steps to Potty Training Girls
Popularized by celebrities like Mayim Bialik, the elimination communication method of potty training begins during early infancy and relies upon a parent or caregivers ability to properly time diaper actions and to take cues from a baby’s behavior regarding the matter. Elimination communication is also referred to as “infant potty training.”
- Guest Post on Elimination Communication
- A Whopping 41 Reasons to Go Diaper-Free With Elimination Communication, No Potty Training Required
- Elimination Communication (i.e., No Baby Skivvies)
- Elimination Communication: You Can Do It
- Elimination Communication – Kimberly’s Story