If you didn’t know, October is Vegetarian Awareness Month and our friends at Zoes Kitchen wanted to pass down some yummy recipes for you to consider trying as you try out some vegetarian eating.
As an off again, on again vegetarian myself who has been vegetarian for the last 5 years, I highly recommend a vegetarian lifestyle because it:
- Reduces the risk of major killers such as heart disease, stroke and cancer while cutting exposure to food-borne pathogens
- Provide a viable answer to feeding the world’s hungry through more efficient use of grains and other crops
- Save animals from suffering in factory-farm conditions and from the pain and terror of slaughter
- Conserve vital but limited freshwater, fertile topsoil and other precious resources
- Preserve irreplaceable ecosystems such as rain forests and other wildlife habitats
- Decrease greenhouse gases that are accelerating global warming
- Mitigate the ever-expanding environmental pollution of
- animal agriculture
If you are willing to give a Vegetarian lifestyle for a try this month, you can start with Zoe kitchen’s yummy take on the traditional cheeseburger that will take your burger from ho-hum to yum in seconds!
Pimento cheese Veggie Burger
• 1 tub of Zoës Pimento Cheese
• 6 half-pound veggie patties (
• Zoës Spice of Life
Sprinkle Zoe’s Spice of Life on your burger patties. Grill burger to desired done-ness. Then take a heaping knife-full of Zoe’s Pimento Cheese and spread it across each burger. Shut the lid and wait a minute or so. That’s it!
Or these other two recipes: