|Bellyitch founder JJ is going RED for Heart Disease education and awareness!|
Today is the 10th anniversary of National Wear Red Day, a national campaign tarted by the American Heart Association to raise awareness of and funds for Heart Disease among women.
Instead of Eco or Green Friday as we usually do on some Fridays
Bellyitch is going RED for fighting Heart Disease, a leading killer of women.
Did you know:
- Every minute of every day, a woman dies from heart disease.
- More women die from heart disease than any forms of cancer.
- One in 3 women’s deaths in the US today is by heart disease.
- 43 Million women in the US are living with heart disease today.
- Since the Go Red for Women campaign launched 2004,
- the National Red Day has raised $300 million for research and education.
- 300,000 health professionals have taught awareness classes.
- 1.5 million women have joined the movement
- 34% fewer women are dying of heart disease each year
- 330 Fewer women are dying every day
- 23% more women are aware that heart disease is their number 1 killer
- 627,000 women’s lives have been saved?
All day today, our posts will center on education and for raising awareness!
Are you ready to Go RED!?!