Our friends that make Senzzzzz Away® and Proxi Plus have a message for families this Easter:
Here comes Peter Cottontail … and cavities? We all want to indulge in candy-filled baskets this Easter, but the holiday could be opening up your mouth to cavities, tooth sensitivity or much worse.
Did you know that the Center for Disease Control states that tooth decay affects more children in the U.S. than any other chronic infectious disease? Something to keep in mind as our children race to grab their Easter baskets on Sunday morning.
But there’s a few, easy tips to help keep cavities and tooth pain at bay this holiday season as chocolate bunnies hop across your desk and into your homes.
· Choose the right treats: Avoid sweets that are very hard or chewy. They can chip teeth and pull out fillings. If you must indulge, stick with sweets that melt in your mouth, like chocolate.
· Alternate with healthy options: Try to avoid snacking on sweets all day. Rotate in some fruits and veggies as well to balance your food intake. Fruits, like apples, are great for keeping your teeth clean. Crunchy fruit with a tough skin can help scrub teeth of sugar left from those beloved marshmallow treats.
· Freshen up: Whether you’re at Easter brunch, grabbing candy on-the-go or heading to grandma’s house for dinner, be sure to clean your teeth after eating. If you’re like us, you don’t carry a toothbrush and toothpaste with you at all times. Try Proxi-Plus®, a convenient, small tool that cleans teeth and those hard-to-reach areas of the mouth. It includes an interdental brush on one end and a flosser on the other to remove food from between teeth and clean plaque. A great solution for keeping your teeth and gums clean and healthy after all the sweet treats and food.
· Swish, swish: Rinse your mouth out with water for 15-20 seconds after eating. It will help wash away food particles lingering in your mouth.
· Relieve tooth sensitivity: Are those sugary treats and beverages giving you tooth pain? Avoid sugar overload with Senzzzzz Away®, a tooth desensitizer that eliminates tooth sensitivity from cold, sweet and hot foods and liquids in one application, and provides up to six months of relief.
· Everything in moderation: We all want to indulge and enjoy the holiday – just do it in moderation. A nibble here and there is fine. And if you and the Easter Bunny overdo, just be sure to visit your dentist for a cleaning.
If you’d like to sample Senzzzzz Away® tooth desensitizer and Proxi-Plus, Enter below for a giveaway and we’ll send random entries samples to try out! Open now until April 5 to US entries ONLY. Good Luck!