Celebrate International Women’s Day!
Today is International Women’s Day! Bellyitch celebrates Mothers and celebrates Women!
You know there’s that funny anonymous quote that “If women ruled the world, there would be no wars. Just a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.” But really, things would likely be different, for the better, perhaps, if there were more women world leaders.
If women ruled the world..
- There would likely be less war, not “no war” because women do and can recognize that sometimes when diplomacy breaks down and another nation is flexing its muscle and threatening theirs, they will do what is needed to fight back and protect their citizens. Mama Grizzly Bear 101.
- Children would be cared for and made a priority because women, naturally, are nurturers and generally will see after the children.
- There would be less corruption and scandal as women leaders are less likely to be balancing several extramarital affairs to keep quiet and distract them from the task at hand, being excellent leaders.
- Diplomacy would be given a chance as some women shun conflict and would want to work things out to the fullest extent possible before resorting to other extreme means.
- Education would be a first priority for funding.
- Women would empower other women and other traditionally underrepresented groups and find talent that could come up with unique and innovative solutions to national and global dilemmas.
- Nations would start creating again because women would recognize the value of business and keeping idle hands building.
- There may be more tolerance for different cultures and nations would approach diplomacy in a more empathetic way.
- Eradicating hunger would be a top priority, because in order to work out our problems, everyone’s got to eat and not be hungry.
- There would be more equality and equity as women would be more willing to give all a fair shake and a chance to fail before writing them off.
These are generalities of course, based on gender notions of female qualities. Don’t get upset fellers.
What else? Add yours. What else could we expect if there were more female leaders?