We asked our favorite pregnant IG fashionista Bonnie, mom to 2-year old Soren and who is expecting a second son within the next few weeks 10 style questions. We spotted her fashionable and fab way of dressing her bump for work when we launched our Instagram account a couple months ago.
And after two features, she’s agreed to give us her style secrets:
1. How do you define your style?
Classic, comfortable and fun.
2. How long have you been a fashion IGer?
About a year now. According to Instagram, my first photo was posted 48 weeks from today.
3. Do you own a fashion blog or website? If not, why not? You should start a basic Tumblr one and you’d get lots of followers.
Not yet, mainly because I haven’t found the time. I will look into tumblr, thanks for the suggestion.
4.A lot of your clothes are fashionable designer brands. Which are your favorite?
J. Crew and Theory
5. Why brand names? What about them makes you prefer them, if at all?
I’m 4’9″ and it is very difficult finding clothes that fit. When I find a brand that is made of good material, consistently provides styles that I like, and fits, then I keep coming back for more.
6. What would you suggest for a woman who cannot afford the brands you wear pulling off he same look?
I rarely pay full price for anything. I love finding great deals! I shop at craigslist, consignment stores and outlet malls.
7. Do you have any advice for mixing and matching styles?
When in doubt – try it on, take photos and get feedback from social media sites like Instagram.
8. What are your maternity must haves?
A black pencil skirt, a favorite everyday jeans, belly-hugging tops in basic colors, dark leggings, pantyhose and a favorite little black dress. Then, use non-maternity clothes (like tunics and draping sweaters) and fun accessories (like statement necklaces and scarves) to liven things up!
9. What do you consider maternity no-nos?
Peplum outfits – I haven’t seen anyone being able to pull this style off during pregnancy.
10. Who is your fashion muse or your favorite fashion icon, if any?
I love Nicole Richie and MKA. They take risks but still appear to have fun and look comfortable in their outfits.
Although Bonnie, who works as an onsite consultant engineer for a software company doesn’t have the time to publish a fashion blog, we’re glad that she has been blessing her followers with her daily style choices while she’s pregnant. After delivering her son, she plans to continue showcasing her fab style and says’ she’d definitely consider launching a Tumblr fashion blog!