In case you fall in this category, but still want to keep up your fab looks, take a look back at these beauty secrets provided by The Doctors’ Glam Squad ( celebrity hairstylist Ken Paves, Fashion Star’s Jeannie Mai, celebrity nail expert Jenna and YouTube sensation Michelle Phan) last year.
Check out the squad’s celebrity beauty tips for under $10.
Ken Paves’ healthy hair secrets:
- Ibuprofen to get rid of dandrufፍ-Instead of buying expensive shampoos, crush up ibuprofen and mix it into shampoo.
- Laundry starch to add volume-Spray starch on dry roots prior to blow drying hair for extra volume. Tease the roots with a toothbrush for more va-va-voom.
- Lip balm to reduce fizziness -When running low on anti-frizz serum, dab lip balm on fingertips and rub it onto flyaways.
- Wine corks to curl haiር- Wrap towel-dried hair around wine corks and secure them with a bobby pin. Let hair air dry or blow dry it for playful, bouncy curls.
Jeannie Mai’s budget-friendly beauty tips:
- Beets for rosy lips and cheeks -Dip sliced beets into water and then rub them on cheeks and lips. Blot the area with a blush or lip brush for a natural rosy look that will last all day.
- Powder for bright eyes -Adding powder to eyelashes can give eyes a brighter look without having to purchase expensive fake eye lashes. Apply mascara to the lashes; then add powder (pressed, loose or baby powder) and layer on mascara until desired look is achieved.
- Sardines to reduce puffiness under your eyes- Place sardines under eyes for 30 minutes once a week to reduce puffy bags for a low-cost fix.
Jenna’s “Penny Pincher” pedicure:
- Whitening toothpaste to get rid of yellowing nails -Use a toothbrush to brush nails with whitening toothpaste for clearer, healthier looking nails.
- Sand paper to soften cracked heels- Sand the bottoms of feet for an inexpensive and sanitary solution to cracked, calloused heels.
- Newspaper nail art and design-Follow the nail design and applique trend. Dip newspaper into rubbing alcohol and place over a nail painted in a light color. Using a towel, press firmly on the paper until the print transfers to the nail.
Michelle Phan’s homemade pore strips:
- Pore strips are expensive and don’t always work properly. Follow Michelle’s homemade pore strip recipe for an easy and affordable solution to get rid of blackheads.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk with 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin. Place the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds, allowing it to thicken. Apply to nose for 10 minutes until it has dried. Then peel off.