Bellyitch Rewind Post
You’ve seen the mega pack lists of stuff TO pack in your hospital bag as you get closer and closer to your due date. We get so excited that we compile a variety of lists from books and assembled on the internet and pack everything but the kitchen sink for our spouses/partners/coaches to have to schlep to the hospital.
You’re gonna need to pack all that stuff up and take it back home along with a new baby, all of the new things you’ll get for the baby and the various gifts, flowers and balloons that guests may bring when they come visit.
Here is a list of 11 things you CAN LEAVE HOME and spare your poor partner the back pain.
diaper Cream Most likely the baby won’t be born with a diaper rash and won’t develop one within the first2-3 days of his life while in the hospital. If he does, the hospital has sample cream to use. Those tubes and jars can add weight to an already stuffed take home bag
The Extra Crap you don’t NEED but you CAN bring (eh hem, especially if you are a diva or fashionista):
1. Make up- because you don’t want to end up on Facebook looking like you just went through a train wreck. If your goal is to look like Khloe Kardashian after she delivered Mason or at least attempt to, then you’re gonna want some make up.
2. Towels- Because the hospital ones are usually washed a lot and can be itchy.
3. Your own toilet paper – Hospital toilet paper can be thin. Your delicate bum may want something soft then
4. Your Own Plush Robe – For accepting visitors, walks to the nursery to visit baby and /or walking off the gas for those who have c-sections.
5. A spare bag – You can use it to store the extra stuff you’ll have to carry home.