If you just had a new baby or are preparing to give birth for the first time, here are 30 blog entries with practical, real life baby care advice curated from our friends at FindABabySitter for our readers.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, newborns can sleep between 10 and 18 hours per day. As babies get older, periods of wakefulness increase and get longer, but babies still spend a significant portion of their time sleeping. Because sleep is such an important part of a baby’s early life, it’s important that new parents and caregivers have a basic understanding of infant sleep cycles and sleep safety.
- 10 Steps to Take BEFORE Starting Sleep Coaching
- The Baby Sleep Site
- Officials Warn Against Baby Sleep Positioners
- Sleep Training Won’t Hurt, Might Help
- Baby Sleep Training: Mistakes “Experts” and Parents Make
Caring for a brand new baby is a bit more daunting than looking after an older one for many people. Newborns are so delicate and fragile that they can make parents and caregivers with limited experience a bit nervous. These five blog entries detail the basics of newborn-specific care, helping to demystify babies and reassure those who will be looking after them.
- Newborn Care: 10 Tips for Stressed-Out Parents
- Top Baby Care Tips for Parents of Newborns
- Infant Care 101: Five Essential Tips for First-Time Parents
- Newborn Care Guide
- Tips and Hints for Caring for a Newborn Baby
Whether the baby under your care is breast-fed, formula-fed or getting old enough to begin experimenting with more solid foods, feeding a baby properly is essential to her health and ability to grow. Thriving babies are fed regularly and well, a task that these five blog entries help to explain and simplify.
- Baby Feeding Tips – Making Mealtimes Fun
- Age-by-Age Guide to Feeding Your Baby
- Feeding Your Baby
- Milk It!
- Tips for Feeding Baby
One of the messier aspects of caring for a baby is dealing with the necessary evil that is diapering. Unless you’re practicing elimination communication, your baby will be wearing – and soiling – diapers. By perusing the content in these five blog entries, you’ll be able to deftly handle any mess that comes your way.
- Diapering Baby On the Go
- Changing a Toddler’s Diaper: Real Mom Tips
- Diapering Tips and Tricks
- Help! How to Change a Squirmy Baby?
- Diaper Changing Tips
The prospect of combining a delicate infant with a potentially dangerous bathtub is justifiably scary for new parents and caregivers. Armed with the information in these five blog entries, you’ll be confidently bathing the baby under your care in no time.
- Tips for Safe Bathing
- Baby Bath Basics: A Parent’s Guide
- Bathing Baby Checklist
- Giving My Baby a Bath for the First Time
- Bathing Your Baby