The day after Christmas is also a busy shopping day as people return gifts that didn’t fit or they don’t like and others use the gift cards they got from family and friends. This is also the time of the year that people pledge to change their lifestyles and become more healthy and to eat better and work out.
1. A Powerful Blender or Juicer: A major part of the high holiday season and winter is eating high calorie foods, drinks and desserts. It’s certainly a time to be packing on the pounds. Many people usually pledge to change their eating habits for the New Year. Healthy shakes and juices are common ways people transition out of their bad heating. I cannot wait to purchase my first Vitamix and I’ve heard great things about the Magic Bullet.
2. A Workout DVD – Because not everyone’s schedule can accommodate a gym, having a DVD at home that can be popped in and done in the comfort of the home is ideal. After having my first baby, I lost a ton of weight, about 1-2 pounds weekly from breastfeeding and
3. WorkOut Clothes – If you have brand new fancy work out clothes in your drawers or hanging in your closet, you may feel obligated to wear it to a gym, maybe. I love how good quality pieces feel on my skin and when I can, try to go with a powerful label that is native to Maryland where I live, Under Armour. But if you cannot get a LuLu Lemon level of price point, there are many other options sold online and in specialty stores at the mall.
4. A steps counter – Because some people walk a lot to and from or as a part of their job, it’s great that steps counters like the Fitbit Flex are now trending and being used by more people. If you can see how taking the steps or getting out one stop before the closest one to your job can encourage you to rack up more steps, and burn more calories you will. That’s part of the appeal to steps counters. They are on sale these days and can be found as low as $35.
5. A food scale – If you will be starting one of those programs that require you to watch your portions and weigh your food so you have precise amount of protein, you should invest in a food scale. They are modestly price and are sold at big box stores like Target and Walmart or specialty stores like Williams-Sonoma and the like. Consider the Ozeri Digital food Scale which runs about $15 and can be ordered from our affiliates Amazon.com
Good luck and be healthy!bellyitchblog.com+1 more Over 9 million people have enjoyed Bellyitch's Award-winning Celeb "bumpwatch" pregnancy and parenting blog. Trying to Conceive? Download our FREE Fertility 100 ebook. Hunting for Top Maternity or Kids Brands? Our Bellyitch 100 is the free resource for you. Baby Shower Shopping? Check out out Top Picks on Amazon or our Gift Guides.