Speaking of unspoken truths about C-Sections, writing for HuffPo Kate Auletta offers 9 things no one tells you about C-Section.
DURING THE SURGERY
1. That “mild tugging sensation” line was clearly first said by a man. Mild is perhaps the understatement of the century. You feel like the wind is being taken out of you as your teeth chatter from the anesthesia. This is not a surgery for claustrophobes, as you’re completely stuck on the table — arms pinned down — while the inability to breathe overwhelms you.
IN THE HOSPITAL
2. The catheter keeps you company in the days following birth because you can’t really walk to the bathroom without those trusty ab muscles helping you out (more on that below). And then, as in all cases with a catheter, you have to learn to pee again — the longer the catheter is in, it seems, the harder it is to remember how to pee. Also not fun when you have a nurse and some loved ones waiting outside the bathroom door and you feel like you’re 5 again.
3. Have someone teach you how to even get up and out of bed. Congratulations! Your ab muscles are completely non-existent now. The good news: Your arms are gonna get buff.
4. Do yourself a solid and go to your local drug store (or better yet, send someone else) to buy some big-ass high-waisted underwear. You’re not gonna want anything — zippers, buttons, elasticized underwear — coming near your stomach, especially the birth area, for a while.
5. Walking is a challenge. Your core is called your core for a reason. Go easy on yourself.
6. Those drugs are your best friend. Give yourself some time to wean off the heavy stuff. Stock up on Aleve, which you’ll also need daily, and be prepared to use it A LOT.
continue readingbellyitchblog.com+1 more Over 9 million people have enjoyed Bellyitch's Award-winning Celeb "bumpwatch" pregnancy and parenting blog. Trying to Conceive? Download our FREE Fertility 100 ebook. Hunting for Top Maternity or Kids Brands? Our Bellyitch 100 is the free resource for you. Baby Shower Shopping? Check out out Top Picks on Amazon or our Gift Guides.