Several innovative companies showcased inventive new products at the second annual Baby Tech Summit at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this year. The Bump, the definitive voice for millennial parents, in partnership with Baby Tech Summit at CES producers Living in Digital Times (LIDT), announced the winners of the second annual The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards at CES® 2017.
The Bump and Randi Zuckerberg, digital lifestyle expert and host of SiriusXM‘s “Dot Complicated,” recognized the winners for their leading innovations in fertility, pregnancy and baby technology on the LIDT Stage at CES Tech West.
According to The Bump Moms & Tech survey, 76% of moms say they consider technology an important factor when shopping for baby products, with a majority saying technology gives them peace of mind. Keeping pace with the attitudes of millennial moms and the tremendous growth of the baby tech vertical, this year’s awards program saw a 36% increase in submissions from last year.
“As the leading pregnancy and parenting resource for millennial parents, we’re thrilled to bring our highly sought-after Best of Baby Awards to the world’s largest consumer electronics show, CES, for a second year in a row,” said Julia Wang, head of digital content for The Bump. “There were an incredible number of impressive baby tech innovations to choose from, and today’s winners represent the best of the best products that are changing the world of parenting.”
“The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards winners are the products that will have the greatest impact on parenting in the years ahead, making it easier and enabling parents to stay connected and better informed every step of the way,” said Jill Gilbert, producer of the Baby Tech Summit. “Announcing the winners live on stage at CES provides an opportunity for these innovators to showcase their work in front of the world’s leaders in technology.”
Here are the Baby Tech Award Winners
- Naya Smart Breast Pump is as fast and hygienic as the leading hospital grade pumps. With HydroComfort Technology® it’s quiet and gentle to help moms relax and pump 29% more breast milk in the same amount of time.
Baby Learn and Play
- Think & Learn Code-a-pillar™ is a learning toy caterpillar for ages three and up that encourages experimentation while developing coding fundamentals like sequencing and critical thinking skills.
- Winnie is an app that helps parents find great places to go with their kids, restrooms with changing tables or places to breastfeed.
- Happiest Baby Snoo Smart Sleeper boosts sleep with gentle movements, helping babies learn healthier sleep patterns. Based on founder Dr. Harvey Karp’s 5 S’s calming method, the Snoo’s responsive robotic system soothes upset babies with increasing levels of white noise and womb-like motion. Its top in the baby bassinet market.
Fertility and Pregnancy
- Ava is a fertility tracking bracelet that monitors sleep, stress and menstrual cycle in a single device worn only at night, and detects five fertile days per cycle in real time.
- Owlet Baby Health & Wellness Monitor is a smart sock monitor with new features including an innovative new sock design, 8x range increase, and a Connected Care platform that tracks infant’s heart rate and oxygen levels and alerts parents if levels fall outside present zones.
- Kaishi is a fetal heart-rate monitor that allows expecting families to listen to the baby’s heartbeat on their phone and share it over social media.
A complete list of the winners can be viewed The Bump Best of Baby Tech Awards.
Results were based on a compilation of online votes and expert judges. The judging panel included:
Dr. Taz Bhatia, MD, Integrative Health Expert, Owner of Centre Spring MD + Pediatrics
Simon Isaacs, Co-founder and Chief Content Officer, Fatherly
Debbie Sterling, Founder & CEO, GoldieBlox
Jeana Tahnk, Family Tech Expert, Top Tech Mom
Julia Wang, Head of Digital Content, The Bump
Randi Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media
Over 9 million people have enjoyed Bellyitch's Award-winning Celeb "bumpwatch" pregnancy and parenting blog. Trying to Conceive? Download our FREE Fertility 100 ebook. Hunting for Top Maternity or Kids Brands? Our Bellyitch 100 is the free resource for you. Baby Shower Shopping? Check out out Top Picks on Amazon or our Gift Guides.