I spotted Living Happier After’s blog post on 10 things single moms need to do this summer and I honed in the fact she included 5 things to do with the kids and 5 things to do alone. After having quite the hectic life this summer with my kids home most of the time as I worked from home, and entertaining houseguests all summer, I must say I think the 5 things moms should do alone can apply to any mom, single, married, dating and in between.
1. Go out to dinner. And eat alone and bask in solitude which is critical to living happier.
2. Get self-care. A masage or pedicure or facial for yourself will do…again taking care of self. It can also be spending an afternoon reading a book, exploring new magazines, but definitely doing it in a space where there are no kids around…if you can find such a space.
3. Go to the movies alone…also to just get a breather and escape.
4. Visit a local museum or art gallery. Take in some culture in a space where quiet is not only premium but mandatory!
5. Do a personal assessment. Revisit resolutions from January 1 and check in to see if you have let some lapse or if you need to reset and reconnect and recalibrate.
Superb suggestions and I think I am ripe to make some of these happen soon! Read Living Happier After‘s post and complete list of 10 items HERE!