I know, I know. Halloween was days ago and I am still posting costume faves! This is my last post, I promise and this post includes my fave kids and celeb kids I spotted while scrolling through Instagram and social media!
Cutie Fred and Wilma Flinstone spotted at FashionBombBlack Instagram page.
Tamera Mowry-Housley and daughter Ariah as Wonder Woman and Super Girl!
From Bey_hivee_ Instagram, a little girl dressed as Black’ish star Yara Shahidi
From Dondrian Nicole‘s Instagram, the late Aaliyah from her role in Queen of the Damned movie.
We love Gabrielle Union and husband Dwayne Wade as the 1990s shamed lipsyncing duo Milli Vanilli
Tia Mowry Hardrict andsSon Cree as American soldiers.
From Taraji P. Henson‘s Instagram are three little girls who dressed like Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson from the movie Hidden Figures.
Jessica Simpson‘s brood went with a country theme.
Jenna DeWan Tatum and Channing Tatum as Sally and Jack Skellington from the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Eva Marcille as Cleopatra
Earlier this year, Nameberry came out with its list of top 100 Trending baby names that the popular baby naming site predicts will be most used. Just getting around now, albeit 6 months later, to check out the list and I like a lot of the names on it.
After combing through it, I picked the top 10 Millennial friendly names I think will be most attractive to young couples under 30 and the reasons why I think so:
- Because that new Avengers movie is coming out and it will inspire all the Superhero geeks out there.
- The actress, Black’ish‘s Yara Shahidi, is beautiful, smart and on every magazine cover and red carpet looking powerful and smart; and she’s going to Harvard. Nice legacy to want your little girl to aspire to.
- This name just screams Millennial friendly to me!
- Rapper Remy Ma famously feuded with Nicki Minaj this year and for all her effort in breaking the internet after her diss tape came out, she won a coveted Best Female Rapper Award at this year’s BET Awards besting lots of great vet rappers including her arch nemesis Minaj herself. For everyone who wants their daughter to overcome tough times and take on Goliath of the world, yes to Remy.
- Like Royal but less douchey. Also, it is unique and has tons of personality.
- Because who doesn’t love a competitor to Siri. Besides Amazon.com is taking over the world and naming your kid after one of its newest signature devices will make you feel invincible too, maybe.
- Classic yet not too pretentious.
- For a boy and similar reason.
- Because reality TV housewives competed over Cash and Cassius sounds maganaminous. Also, anyone nostalgic and want to remember Mohammed Ali may want to pay homage to him this way by naming their kid after Ali’s birth name.
- Another superhero fan’s dream name.
Check out the complete list at Nameberry here!
The BET Awards went down tonight at the Microsoft Theater on June 26, 2016 and it opened with Queen Bey performing her hit song with rapper Kendrick Lamar “Freedom” off of her latest album “Lemonade”. The receipts are in and the verdict is….Beyonce slayed up and down the wet and drenched stage.
Watch in case you missed it, watch it HERE! Later, among several tributes that night, another one of our Bellyitch Bumpwatch alums, Jennifer Hudson took the stage outfitted in a white hooded mini-dress tribute to Prince‘s 2005 American Music Awards look. She followed up Tori Kelly and Stevie Wonder’s wonderful tribute of “Take me With You” with her own amazing rendition of his soulful “Purple Rain.”
Watch that performance here!
Another blog fave Tracee Ellis Ross hosted the night’s celebration with her co-host from her ABC broadcast network hit show Black’ish, Anthony Anderson.
Later, mama Knowles appeared to accept her daughter’s Video of the Year Award.
Great work, everyone!