Since today is the first day of school for many school jurisdictions across the country and globe, enjoy this past post full of funny back to school comics for back to school!
The Tumblr website “Why my kid is crying”(http://www.reasonsmysoniscrying.com/) is a hilarious collection of photos parents send in of their kid crying with an explanation for the crying. It started as one parent’s archive and has since blossomed into a communal home for all delirious for no good reason photos.
It’s funny because many times the reasons are kid-iculous!
Check out a few of my favorite scrubbed from ThemetaPicture.com’s post of their faves from this site!
h/t my friend Monique on Facebook
Spotted this on The Stir: Cafe Mom. No link to parenting or pregnancy. Just pure fun after funk band Daft Punk canceled a performance on the The Colbert Report political satire show on Comedy Central.
Comedian Stephen Colbert, Jeff Bridges, Henry Kissinger,Nick Cannon the cast of X Factor, Matt Damon and cameos galore!
The eTrade commercials featuring the baby and his pals are known to be pretty humorous. Each SuperBowl, the online stock trade company blesses us with at least one of its commercials. But eTrade doesn’t have a monopoly on using babies in funny ads to sell products or services. This year, we saw a few good ads featuring babies. Here is the Kia Sorento “Where Does Baby Come From” commercial and 9 other funny international ads featuring babies. Some of it is hilarious and some crass yet still humorous. Check them out:
Over 9 million people have enjoyed Bellyitch's Award-winning Celeb "bumpwatch" pregnancy and parenting blog. Trying to Conceive? Download our FREE Fertility 100 ebook. Hunting for Top Maternity or Kids Brands? Our Bellyitch 100 is the free resource for you. Baby Shower Shopping? Check out out Top Picks on Amazon or our Gift Guides.
I think this meme about the life of a 1st grader from FunnyJunk.com is super cute and funny, don’t you!
1. A fitted top. Don’t forget your extra boobage need more room to breathe. It’s a family affair. No need to give the kiddies an abundant eyeful. I think of Real Housewives of Atlanta Kim Zolciak that season and that outfit she wore at her birthday dinner turned surprise party. Oy! My eyes. Catch the replay to see what I’m talking about…
2. Brown – At some point, some smart-mouthed relative is going to think it’s funny to compare you or your belly to the Turkey and you’ll have to take them out and ruin Thanksgiving. Go with black. It’ll make it easy for everyone and save the holiday.
3. A sweater – Even if you’re not cooking and will be heading to someone else’s home, it’s possible that the home will be overheated because the homeowner most likely has been cooking and baking all day. Nothing like a sweaty underbreast to take you over the edge. Opt for layers, a maternity tank, under a button down shirt or dress with a light sweater over top. Leave the fancy sweater dresses to those not carrying around another human in their gut.
4. Heels – As stated often and you know by now, your center of gravity is off with your growing belly. Sky high heels + a plate of food +a preggers woman = an accident waiting to happen. Ballet flats or low heeled boots are a good choice. If you must – I’m adverse to flats myself – a nice wedge, thick-heeled mary janes or sensible platforms with low heels will do.
5. Your hormones – You’re going to get a lot of unsolicited advice, a couple of jabs and maybe a tacky joke or two coming at you and it may get overwhelming. Go in getting ready to hear it all but don’t take it personal, they only mean well. You can pick friends, but you can’t pick family. You’re stuck with them. To be safe, hold onto a ball of modeling clay to squeeze the heck out of and help you keep your fake smile pasted on your face.
Ha! All jokes. Thanksgiving should be a fun time to get together with family and catch up and eat for two or three! Have fun guys!
It’s back to school time and what a better way to have a chuckle about it than through the funnies!?! Check out these humorous cartoons from various dailies and sites. Enjoy!
Look what funny Q&A is making the viral rounds on various social media platforms? A pregnancy Q&A. Funny stuff!
My latest social media favorite platform is Pinterest. Follow my Bellyitch BumpWatch board there. One reason I also love the site is the occasional bizarre, humorous and interesting image I’ll find on there related to parenting, pregnancy and babies like these 8 “gems” I discovered lately. Just thought I’d share the joy! ha!
|Pregnancy used in photo campaign|
|Baby Shower Display
|Interesting, Not sure how I feel about this one.|
|A bit crass, but you gotta admit it’s funny|
Because once in a while with all the stresses in life, people simply need to laugh….
Source: The Ellen Show blog
Thanks for the Comic Relief Judith from Massachusetts for submitting that….