- Williams-Sonoma Personalized Kids’ Apron – ($20)
- Personalized Hobby Tumblers ($36+)
- Set of 5 personalized monogram socks ($50)
- Personalized children’s gift book ($35)
- Personalized Starbucks tumblrs ($8+)
- Personalized make up bag ($14)
- Personalized crayons ($13)
- Personalized name necklaces ($32)
- Personalized face socks ($21)
- Personalized bracelet ($32)
- Personalized water bottle ($20)
- Personalized wine glass ($12)
1. Hand-sketched portrait of the family – Recall a while back malls would have artists at kiosks doing hand-sketched portraits in charcoal or pencil of a family or a photo brought to them? These days, these artists and companies have gone online but you need to get in line early. You send them a digital image and they sketch it for you and send you a high resolution image that you then print out and frame. Some companies will do the printing and framing for you, depending on how much advanced notice you give them. That is why you need to hurry and get on it now! This is one of the best personal gifts that can be given.
2. Family Tree Artwork – Artwork that incorporates genealogical information can range from minimalist and sparse to very ornate, so there’s a style to suit any décor. Moms are sure to love a family tree painting or print, and there are several retailers, both online and brick-and-mortar, that specialize in them. To create this however, you will have to get a headstart on pinpointing who to put on them and start doing your homework. Get on it now!
3. Personalized Gifts – Many personalized gifts sites offer options to purchase a gift item and to decide what image, words or phrasings to put on them. Coffee mugs with mom’s favorite poem or a T-Shirt with the kids in a crazy pose would go off well. But since these are personalized and will take more time, it’s key to start checking out the offerings as soon as possible. Zazzle has a great selection of Mother’s Day gifts at www.zazzle.com/mothers+day+gifts.
4. Homemade Gift Baskets – Sure you can order a pre-made gift basket from a flower shop or gift shop, but mom would really enjoy getting a basket full of the stuff she loves personally. Pick up a wooden box or basket from a craft store and some stuffing for the bottom. Add mugs, her favorite candy or nuts, a personalized necklace, her favorite magazines etc then use one of the cellophane wrapping that shrinkwraps to cinch the basket together. Tie a pretty bow and voila! Personalized gift basket! Easy Breezy, but you need to start thinking of, listing and chasing down mom’s favorite things to go in the basket now.
5. Personalized Jewelry – Many jewelry stores offer items that can be personalized with a scripture or quote that is personal to mom or the family, a unique name that never can be found in stores or photos but to get them made in time for Mother’s day, gift-givers have to start early. From necklaces with charms to symbolize each of her children to bracelets with each child’s birthstone, there’s definitely no shortage of precious adornments that can be created with Mom in mind.
6. Handmade Gifts – Moms of small children are sure to be moved to tears by a gift they helped to make, so giving little ones a hand in creating her gift can be a big hit. You want to leave plenty of time for misses and mistakes so if you are thinking of creating a quality and functional handmade gift for mom this year, start planning it now.
Any mom will appreciate a gift that wasn’t picked up from the local drug store the night before Mother’s Day for once. If you want to get all that gushy love for doing a personalized gift this year, you better get on the ball now!