I see Carrie Underwood out here grinding, hosting award shows, performing at concerts all throughout her first pregnancy and I think to myself, “now that’s the hardest working pregnant musician right now.”
Then, last night, I spot Alicia Keys a month and a half from her due date on stage across the pond in Glasgow, Scotland pounding on a baby grande!
I think to myself, well Keys is a true contender with all the globe trotting and bi-coastal criss crossing she has been doing this last trimester in her second pregnancy.
Above is a photo collage of 9 times, the mutli-Grammy award winning, platinum selling artist was out there grinding for causes, promoting her new single “#WeAreHere” and performing or making appearances at events worldwide.
1. On September 16 Keys who truly broke out with her hit 2001 song “Fallin” appeared on the The Elvis Duran Z100 Morning Show in New York City
2. The “Girl on Fire” singer performed during the Ruby Dee Memorial Service at Assembly Hall of the Riverside Church on September 20, 2014 in New York City during the day.
3. Then she schlepped across country to perform onstage during the 2014 iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada that same day but at night. What?!!?
4. The Secret Lives of Bees actress then headed back to New York City the next day to the 2014 Social Good Summit at 92Y on September 21 in New York City.
5. The following week, the Billboards chart-topper was back in New York City at the 2014 Global Citizen Festival to end extreme poverty by 2030 in Central Park on September 27.
6. The next month, Egypt’s mom and dad Swizz Beatz attended the Angel Ball 2014 at Cipriani Wall Street on October 20, 2014.
7. Keys was spotted backstage during We Can Survive 2014 on the left coast at the Hollywood Bowl on October 24, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.
8. Then was out again with the hubster at the Keep A Child Alive‘s 11th annual Black Ball at Hammerstein Ballroom on October 30, 2014 in New York City.
9. Last night, Keys performed during the outside broadcast of the MTV EMA
‘s 2014 at the 02 Academy
on November 9, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland.
Phew! If anyone every tells you pregnancy is a fragile and delicate condition and that pregnant women need to slow down and take things slow, show them this post! That girl is on fire!