Father’s Day is less than 4 days away. Close to 90% of those surveyed in Shopular‘s annual survey about this gift-giving season said they planned to get a get a gift for dad.
The top Gift Picks for Dads that the virtual shopping app discovered: Clothes were the top gift pick (at 31%), followed by Electronics (24%), Tools (22%), Sporting Equipment (10%), Books/Music (5%), and Home Accessories (5%). Sadly, the proverbial “Tie” has lost serious ground – being favored by less than 3% of consumers as a popular gift item for Dad.
If you are one of those last minute shoppers still scrambling for a gift, no worries. We’ve got some tips and suggestions.
1. Amazon.com is offering free one day delivery for Prime customers and some others. Two day delivery is still available too. If you’re going to go that route, for $99 you can get the Invicta Men’s 6977 Pro Diver Collection Chronograph Black Dial Black Polyurethane Watch. Dad can wear it to sporting events, at outings and even while swimming!
2. If you want to go the Do-it-yourself route, get the kids to bake up some of dad’s favorite cookies, brownies or other pastry and package it in a tin can you pick up from the dollar store.
3. Has Dad been meaning to drop a few pounds and has had his eye on one of those multiple DVD short course programs, but didn’t want to shell out the cost? Consider Shaun T’s INSANITY MAX:30 Base Kit – DVD Workout . It’s $99. My husband and I have done a couple rounds of the original Insanity and had amazing results. We got toned and lost wait. This kit can be delivered before Father’s Day if you order today or tomorrow.
4. Another Do-It-Yourself idea is a homemade card. There are plenty of ideas of how to make and eye-catching card in no time flat in Pinterest.
5. If dad loves and lives in his man cave, Apple TV Streaming Media Player Bundle is a good bet for $89.
6. Cologne usually goes over well. My fave scent is Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male which offers a 3 Piece Gift Set for Men you can get from Amazon.com in one to two days and just in time for Sunday.
7. For that Sports Dad, get him digital tickets to his favorite match or game, use First Hand Tickets and search a wide array of events and get a good price.
8. These days, because of the camera function on smart phones, people rarely use real cameras. But they don’t have as much functionality and clarity in printed images as digital cameras. Activeon has a new high action sleek new easy-to-use, long battery live, built-in LCD digital camera, CX. It retails for about $99.
9. Dad’s old shaver has seen better days and he may have been putting off getting a new one. Why not surprise him with a replacement of his old one? If you can’t find it in stores or online, he can try our fave, the Braun 3Series 380S-4 Wet and Dry Shaver which is perfect for after the shower or in-between while going from day to night. It’s just $69.
10. If you’re on a budget and want to keep it low cost, pick up a basket from the dollar store, ribbons, some of his favorite candy bars, wine, socks, his favorite barbecue sauce, or whatever dad likes and arrange a homemade gift basket. Commercial baskets don’t always include all of dad’s faves so doing it yourself solves that problem.
11. Tools are also a good bet. We recommend Stanley 94-248 65-Piece Homeowner’s Tool Kit which is $49.50 and can be shipped and delivered in time for Father’s Day.
12. Get crafty and get some card stock and print out some DIY Coupons for services like mowing the law, a free day out, washing his car, for packed lunches for a week, a special dinner of his favorite dishes, getting to sleep in, or taken on a family outing or adventure like hiking or the beach.
These are some ideas to start you off. Good Luck!