This summer, finding fun things to do to keep the kids entertained and busy and off electronic devices can be a challenge. Courtney DeFeo, author of “In This House, We Will Giggle: Making Virtues, Love, and Laughter a Daily Part of Your Family Life” , offers parents a practical approach of how to instill virtues in their children through laughter, rather than lecture.
- Joke Telling. Grab a pretend microphone and host an open joke night.
- Game Night. Gather the entire family and choose one family friendly board game.
- Movie Time. Each person acts out a scene from your favorite movie.
- Swim Indoors. Fill up a bathtub, slip into your swimsuits, and pretend you’re at beach!
- Design a Fort. Build a fort with sheets and dining chairs.
- Best Costume Contest. Kids dress up in their parents’ clothes and accessories.
- Daddy Disco. Play an old ’80s tune and pull out your craziest dance moves for the kids.
- Mom’s Soprano Solo. Sing the menu for the evening in an operatic style.
- Hide-n-Seek. Play a daytime game in the house—or at nighttime using flashlights.
- Balancing Act. Find things to balance on your head, nose, toe, etc.