Personal finance website WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2015’s Best Worst Cities to Celebrate New Year’s Eve.
WalletHub analyzed 100 of the most populated cities based on 17 key metrics, including the legality of fireworks to the average price of a New Year’s Eve party ticket to the forecasted precipitation on New Year’s Eve.
- The average price of a New Year’s Eve party ticket in Pittsburgh, Pa., is seven times higher than in Greensboro, N.C.
- The price of a three-star hotel on New Year’s Eve is seven times higher in Honolulu than in Tucson, Ariz.
- Orlando, Fla., has 6 times as many restaurants per capita as Phoenix, Ariz.
- Miami has 45 times as many jewelry shops per capita as North Las Vegas, Nev.
- Orlando, Fla., has 21 times as many nightlife options per capita as Hialeah, Fla.
- The violent crime rate in Detroit is 40 times higher than in Irvine, Calif.
For the full report and to see where your city ranks, check out WalletHub here!