If you still haven’t given to a charity today and are still considering various organizations, campaigns and initiatives to give back , consider one of these that help women, children and families:
1. Global Moms Challenge
Join Global Moms Challenge in supporting #GivingTuesday—browse this list of gifts that give back. From earrings that support the lifesaving work of International Medical Corps to handwoven tea towels that create economic opportunities in Ethiopia, there’s something for everyone on your list.
2. Society for Women’s Health Research
Your donation will help to fund networks and roundtables dedicated to identifying and researching biological differences in disease and bringing these findings to the attention of clinicians, researchers, healthcare providers, and policymakers. Your donation also will support greater public and private funding for research in women’s health, as well as help to ensure that clinical trials are designed to include women and minorities. Your Giving Tuesday donation helps us achieve all of this!
Today only, MAM Baby, a pacifier company, has agreed to DOUBLE your gift to Shot@Life by matching all donations dollar-for-dollar. We are raising money to protect a new generation of children from polio. We can stop this disabling disease in its tracks!
Polio used to cripple hundreds of children a day, but thanks to vaccines it is nearly eradicated! Nigeria has gone one year without a single case of polio, leaving just two countries where the disease is endemic – Afghanistan and Pakistan. While we have made great progress, we still need help.
Your gift to Shot@Life TODAY will be doubled.With a gift of $20 or more, you can protect at least 40 children from this debilitating disease.
Don’t miss this opportunity to double your impact and be part of making history by ending polio now.
- Make a donation on #GivingTuesday here. If you make a gift today of $100 or more, we will send you one of our new t-shirts. You can check them out here. (We’ll email you after your donation to confirm choice and size).
- Join us at our annual holiday partythis Thursday. Purchase tickets here. Donate $10 or more today and we will put you in a drawing for two tickets to our fundraiser this Thursday! (Tickets only – no travel or other fees covered)
- Help us get the word out via social media using #seejane and #GivingTuesday.
- Work in the enterainment world? Consider a contribution to our upcoming CharityBuzz auction. Here’s an idea of what we are looking for.
- Post photos of your favorite female characters on social media using the hashtags #seejane and #GivingTuesday.
- Shop at the new See Jane store for your holiday gifts.
- Pay it forward – do a random act of kindness today.
Today, GoldieBlox will match every dollar spent on GoldieBlox.com with a dollar’s worth of clothes and toys donated to Baby2Baby for kids in need as part of #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
6. Ronald McDonald House
With the official kickoff of the holiday giving season, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) knows it’s a great time to remind readers that even the smallest gift can make a big impact.Whether it’s dropping spare change in a Donation Box or making an online donation, for RMHC, those contributions help nearly 6 million families each year.
Last year alone, donations saved RMHC families save over $700 million in out of pocket lodging and meal expenses! It’s the power of giving and has helped RMHC grow from one House to 353 Houses and other programs in over 63 countries and regions.
Consider RMHC this Giving Tuesday!
This year, Rue will be participating in the worldwide initiative known as #GivingTuesday by supporting four charities close to our hearts. And we’re making it easy for you to do the same. Simply click to learn more or even donate to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Toys for Tots, Habitat for Humanity, and Dress for Success.
And if you do happen to have a few gifts left on your list, our special #GivingTuesday: Gifts That Give Back Boutique is on now. From this Boutique we will be donating at least $10,000 to each charity.