In the hustle and bustle of Holiday shopping, decorating, Christmas Card photo taking, and wrapping, Christmas breakfast may be the farthest thing from people’s minds.
We’ve got you covered with 4 recipes for Christmas breakfast starting with a yummy and quick recipe for Chorizo Scrambled Egg Breakfast Taco compliments of IMUSA, leader in Hispanic cookware, combines chorizo, lime juice, eggs and cheese (among other ingredients) to make an outstanding breakfast taco that your guests will remember.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo links (about 7 ounces)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup cilantro, divided
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 10-12 corn flour tortillas
- Chipotle Tabasco (suggestion for topping)
- Mix sour cream, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and put aside.
- Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Place in IMUSA tortilla warmer or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In an IMUSA non-stick sauté pan add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Sweat onions for about one minute and add diced chorizo
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until chorizo is browned.
- Add half of the cilantro and all of the cooked chorizo to beaten eggs and mix. Bring eggs back to the IMUSA pan and cook on low heat, mixing from time to time.
- Place cooked eggs, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and remaining cilantro in separate bowls and lay them out throughout the table with the warm tortillas.
- Allow your guests to assemble their own breakfast tacos
Heat 1 cup of milk in a saucepan until it bubbles and add ½ cup of butter to the milk and stir until the butter melts.
Set aside until it cools to 110 degrees or luke warm.
Add luke warm milk mixture to the bowl of a mixer and dissolve a package of dry yeast into it.
Add ½ cup sugar, 3 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 3 eggs to bowl and mix.
Add an additional 1 ½ cups of flour ½ cup at a time until fully mixed.
Dump dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth (about 8 minutes).
Gather dough into a ball and put it into a lightly greased bowl turning to cover all of dough.
Cover and allow to rise about 1 hour. After risen roll out to a 10×14 rectangle.
In a small bowl combine ¾ cup of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over rectangle.
Sprinkle ½ cup of raisins over the top and roll up dough along the long side.
Cut dough into 12 equal pieces and place in a greased 9×13 baking dish cut side up.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to rise over night.
The next morning preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking for 25 to 30 minutes.
While the rolls are baking mix together 1 teaspoon corn syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons of half and half and 1 ¼ cups of powdered sugar and whisk together.
Drizzle the glaze over the warm rolls and serve.
Egg and sausage quiche
Brown 1 lb. of bulk breakfast sausage in a skillet.
Drain the sausage and set aside.
Cube 8 slices of wheat bread and layer it into a 9×13 dish.
Layer the sausage over the bread and then layer the cheese (2 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese).
Mix 5 eggs, 2 cups of milk, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of dry mustard and pour it over the cheese layer.
Mix 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and ¼ cup of water together and spread it over the top of the other ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning bake for an hour at 300 degrees F or until set.
Let cool 20 minutes before cutting into squares.
Cut a stick of butter into small cubes and mix it into 2 lbs. of shredded hashbrown potatoes in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl mix together 1 pint of sour cream, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 8 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese, and 1 grated onion.
Pour this mixture over the potatoes and toss to combine.
Pour into a 9×13 baking dish and cover with foil.
Refrigerate casserole overnight.
The next morning bake covered for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Additional shredded cheese can be added to the top during the last 30 minutes of baking.