Today is Valentine’s Day and for those of us who are not in the mood to go out and would prefer to stay home, I put together a list of 10 last-minute things you and your significant other can do at home tonight.
- Sushi and Movie: Personally, this is my number one pick. I would like an order of assorted sushi, chocalates and wine and to sit in front of the TV in the basement and watch a couple of movies.
- Indoor Picnic: If you want a more romantic dinner, consider picking up your or your partner’s fave meal, pull out a blanket and have a picnic in the living room, after the kids go to bed if you have small children.
- Candy and Game night: If you are playful and in mood for sweets, pick up an assortment of candy or make your own candy bouquet and pull out the Jenga, chess or checker board, or cards and have a couple’s game night.
- Paint and Sip: Head to the local craft store or your local Walmart or Target and pick up a canvas and paint supplies, Grab a couple bottles of wine or your fave spirits and select and image for the two of you to paint while drinking. Have mood music in the background. Don’t forget the tarp or newspapers to catch the spills and mess that is sure to be made.
- Basement Dance Party: One thing I love to do is watch YouTube videos of the latest pop and dance hits and dance to them as a form of exercise. If you and your boo are into fitness, that could make a fun indoor activity. And it would burn off all the junk you ate at the office during the day.
- Wine Tasting: Get the tiny bottles of wine or liquors from the Liquor store, pick up some fruit, seltzer and other items and host a personal wine or liquor tasting in the kitchen. Order dinner to keep you guys from getting too inebriated and stick to small sips and don’t mix them so you don’t wake up tomorrow with a hangover.
- Spa Night: If you both like pampering yourselves, why not get some spa masks, loofah sponges, cuticle trimmers and have a pampering bath and spa night. Pop some champagne and relax
- Cook’s Cook: If you are into cooking, pick up some ingredients for a dish that takes a while to make and together whip it up and eat. Cooking together is an intimate act, some experts say.
- Baker’s Bake: Alternatively, if cooking is just too much, you guys can bake something pretty complicated and see if it comes out good enough to eat! Have it with dinner or with Game or Movie night above
- Host Other Couples: Finally, especially if you live in a town house or apartment and have other couple friends nearby who do not have plans, host an impromptu couple’s night. Make it a pot luck and have everyong agree on one movie to watch. Alternatively, you can bring out the games and have a fun couple’s game night.
There you go! Hope these are helpful and if you do any of the above, please be sure to tag me @Bellyitch on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest!