Egypt is one of the most fascinating and culturally rich places anyone can visit. From its historical sites to the more modern tourist attractions, Egypt is the perfect place to go for a family vacation. If you do decide to visit Egypt for a family vacation, here are some of the best ways to enjoy it:
- A Nile River Cruise: The Nile is perhaps the most famous river in Egypt as well as being the longest river in the world.
A Nile river cruise with family would be a great way to enjoy an Egyptian holiday. On one hand, you get to visit one of the greatest rivers in the world. On another hand, you get to sail through Egypt, catching a view of various landmarks.
You will also have the opportunity to stop and visit various cultural sites such as Luxor temple, the world’s largest outdoor museum, Karnak temple, Philae Temple and Hatshepsut temple.
If you’re looking for the perfect balance between leisure and cultural enrichment, a Nile River cruise would be a great option for you and your family.
- Visit the Pyramids: One can hardly think of Egypt without thinking of the pyramids, and for good reasons. No trip to Egypt is quite complete without a stop at the pyramids.
These monuments have stood for hundreds of years and continue to attract millions around the world. There are around eighty pyramids in number but some of the most popular are the pyramids of Giza, the pyramid of Djoser and the Red Pyramid.
Visiting the pyramids is sure to be a great memory for the family as well as an educational opportunity for the children. If you’re visiting Egypt, make sure to see the pyramids.
- Visit museums: Egypt is practically bursting with culture and history and this is shown through its various museums that house centuries-old artifacts.
Take a trip to some of the popular museums such as the world-renowned Egyptian museum in Cairo, the Luxor Museum in Luxor and the mummification museum which is also in Luxor.
These museums also have souvenir shops in which you can purchase memorabilia to commemorate your family trip.
Also, visit some of the lesser-known but still interesting ones such as the Nubian museums. Many feature exhibitions that cater to a younger audience which makes sure that the kids don’t miss out on anything.
- A desert safari: Egypt, as most people know, is in a desert and this means that there is a great number of fun activities that can be engaged in during a visit there.
There is camel riding through the desert as well as dune riding. If you fancy a more laid back experience, there is the option of a safari in an air-conditioned vehicle that allows you to see the Egyptian desert in all its glory.
Many safaris also offer a desert camping experience if you are interested. It is sure to be a fun experience for the entire family.
- Visit the coral reefs: It’s important to escape the heat when in the Egyptian desert and what better way than diving in the red sea?
While it is not eh most advertised activity to engage in while in Egypt, the Red Sea is home to an amazing coral reef that is open to divers.
This gives you the opportunity to not only cool off but also to see a wide variety of sea life up close such as sharks, dolphins, and stingrays.
It is a great activity for the whole family you don’t want to miss.
- Visit the local souk: No trip is complete without shopping and besides the many malls and shopping complexes that can be found in Egypt, a visit to a local souk is in order.
At a souk, you can find a variety of authentic Egyptian items to take back home, from tapestry to lamps to fragrances.
If you’re looking for the perfect souvenir or gift courtesy of your Egyptian trip, take a trip to a local souk.