Today is Valentine’s Day and if you are scrambling for ideas to celebrated with your offspring(s) as well, here are 20 last-minute ideas of things you guys can do at home!
There are some great at-home activities in here you can do nonetheless, with a few resources scrubbed off the internet!
1. Have an Indoor Picnic in the Living Room
2. Have a Movie Night. Stream movies both like, pop some popcorn and snuggle under the covers.
3. Make Pizza. Be your own Italian Chef.
4. Go for a Drive to the Country a little way from home and back. Use the time to talk and catch up.
5. Go out for Dinner. Get dressed up and have a fancy dinner delivered. Eat by candlelight
6. Go Roller Skating. Have some physical fitness and fun while skating to the hits and oldies outdoors if the weather is fitting, of course.
7. Make Soup for the Week. If you live in a climate experiencing winter, whip up several batches of different soups to eat and save for later. You can pick different recipes from online resources or your crock pot cook book
8. Make Desserts. Cakes, Brownies, Cookies and Decorating fun designs is guaranteed fun.
9. Paint. Roll up the Sleeves, Get out some paper or a canvase and some paint and get creative. Frame your masterpieces and hang them up in your home.
10. Craft. There are loads of crafting projects online. Taking the time to create some crafts is fun and functional if you make some thing that you can use later like an oven mit or a frame.
11. Write Short Stories. Get your creative juices flowing. Get out some paper and pen and write up some fun stories to share or use to enter into writing contests.
12. Have a Game Night. Haul out the Connect Four, Checkers and Monopoly board games and have fun.
13. Have a Dance Party. Put on the Music Video Channel or Crank up the Stereo and Dance in the Basement or in the living room.
14. Have a Karaoke Night. Find Videos with Lyrics on YouTube and set it up so you can have a performance.
15. Do Puzzles. Get out different puzzles, get on the floor and put together some pieces.
16. Tell Scary Stories. If you’re caught in the storm and without power still, it sucks but you can use that time under the dim lights to tell spooky ghost stories to pass time until the light comes back.
Good Luck and have fun!