In honor of Father’s Day which is coming up, I dug up this fab post from dad blogger Pierre Kim, a husband and dad to tjhree NY City fashion exec who used to write the hilariously funny and snarky, “MetroDad” blog.
His post “The Rules: 25 Life Lessons for my Daughter” is a must read.
Here are my fave rules among the list:
- When posing for any photos, assume that the only people who will see them are me, your mother, your boss, and the dean of admissions.
- Never date a man who is rude to waiters, doesn’t say “bless you” when you sneeze, or won’t offer you his jacket when you’re cold.
- Don’t worry about being popular. The “weird” kids are much more fun and will end up being your most interesting friends. Also, when it comes to friends you can’t trump quality with quantity. Choose wisely. Who would you call to drive your white Bronco?
- Give charitably, generously, and anonymously.
- Keep your eye on the ball and follow through, both in sports and in life.
- Never regret staying home alone with a good book.
- Learn from the bad as well as the good. Fall down, make a mess, break something occasionally. And always remember that the story is never over.
Read all 25 in Metrodad!