1. Chamomile – Traditionally revered for easing digestive woes, this herb also soothes muscle cramps, headaches, body aches, and pains associated with the flu. The key to success is to use the freshest herb possible, whether fresh or in dried form.
2. Echinacea – This powerful herb triggers your immune response and helps reduce the severity and duration of unpleasant cold and flu symptoms.
3. Elder – Historically known for prevention and treatment of the cold and flu, this herb also has potent anti-viral properties which make it effective in easing and reducing duration of fevers.
4. Fennel– This herb is used worldwide to help ease the symptoms of bronchitis, coughs and muscular pains.
5. Honeysuckle – An herb used in traditional Chinese medicine for relief of upper respiratory tract infections, fevers, bronchitis and sore throat.
Of course, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you will want to conduct your doctor before taking any herbs. Good luck and stay healthy, if you can!