At a recent event celebrating his new album, singer-songwriter and Hunger Games star Evan Ross surprise gifted his wife Ashlee Simpson a plush PUSH present as she prepares to give birth to their first child together.
A source to PEOPLE magazine who attended the celebration held Tuesday at the Kia Beach House in Malibu, California said Ross brought out the vintage limited edition 2102 Chanel Green Graffiti Body Bag to the deck and presented it to his wife who was elated to receive it.
Nice! It’s quirky, eclectic, unique and perfect for the Bohemian flower child that Simpson-Ross is!
It can be tough for guys like Evan to shop for the posh mom (an expectant or new) who has everything. So for those dads-to-be out there one wondering what to give that woman who has everything, here are some ultimate gift suggestions:
Any mom would be happy to receive a Tiffany
blue box, especially if in it there is a Tiffany & Co. Bezzet Yellow Diamond Ring
in platinum with a yellow diamond in an 18k gold bezel setting. Cushioned in modified fancy intense yellow diamond, carat total weight 1.57 Get it at Tiffany’s
for a mere $27,100.
2. If she is a bag freak and doesn’t already have one, you can get her the Hermes Matte Crocodile Birkin Bag which costs $120,000. Named after after British singer/actress Jane Birkin. The clasp of this tote, which is actually made out of a crocodile, features 10 carats of white diamonds. Less expensive bags are available starting at $5,000. Good luck finding one. Last I heard, there is a wait list. But Jet Set Socialite site that had the list has since gone off line.
3. If that affluent new mom in your life loves sweet spells, you can get her one of the world’s most expensive bottle of perfume, Clive Christian No. 1 which sells for $2,150 for 2 ounces. The perfume is an extravagant combination of Indian jasmine, mandarin and sandalwood. Its bottle is handmade from lead crystal, while the neck is 24-karat gold-plated sterling silver, set with a solitaire. Wow!
4. If that spoiled rich new mom has a sweet tooth, she may appreciate getting a dark chocolate truffle from Knipschildt for $250. It sells for $2600 a pound. With candy that rich, you have to cherish every calorie.
5. My favorite gift is anything spa related. If your mom has time on her schedule, book her a spa trip to the Hotel Victor in South Beach (which was bought out by the Hyatt) It offers guests of its penthouse suite the opportunity to lounge in a tub filled with 1,000 liters of pure Evian water, fuchsia, and orange Gerber daisies. Serena Williams was the first to try out the $5,000 bath, which is given in a 350-gallon infinity tub. You can also snack on smoked salmon lollipops, foie gras and chocolate as you bathe.
6. A monogrammed robe.
For the first weeks after the baby is born, a new mom will be restless, sleepless, and anxious trying to navigate her new role, nurse, recover and heal from the pains of labor and delivery and entertaining guests. It can be overwhelming. Nothing can make a new mom feel comfortable and comforted than being enveloped in a nice plush robe, especially during cold and crisp Fall or Winter nights. Having it monogrammed adds the nice extra special touch. For those in warmer climates, a pretty frilly robe in pastels, paisley or other feminine design can help a new mom feel sensual during a time when she may be dealing with bloating and other pregnancy side effects. Brookstone
sells a nice one starting at $59.95.
7. Plush Slippers Many new moms experience water retention in their feet and legs during and immediately after giving birth. C-Section moms have it even worse because surgery creates even more water build up. As such, many moms quickly become to realize that they may not be able to fit into their old shoes and won’t for a while. A great warm and comfy pair of slippers would be an ideal for any new mom, for lounging around the home or just for slipping into after a day out and about on feet that are still recovering from childbirth. makes a comfy shearling slipper that retails for $75.
8. Anything from Tiffany’s – The sight of that little blue box can put a glimmer in any woman’s eye. For a new mom whose fingers may be swollen from retaining water, she may be upset and frustrated that she can no longer fit her wedding or engagement ring. Rather than put it away, wouldn’t it be a wonderful surprise to present her with a lovely chain to hang the rings on and wear around her neck so she can keep the symbol of your love and fidelity by her heart? Yes. Yes indeed. And as a self-proclaimed connoisseur of all things Tiffany’s related, believe me, that you are sure to find a necklace in a variety of budgets at Tiffany’s.
An Elsa Peretti Pendant Chain sells for $185.00 and can fit a ring easily along with the alphabet pendant bearing either the mom’s or new baby’s initial.