When it comes to Valentine’s Day Gift shopping, Men are from Mars, Women are From Venus.
That was the conclusion of a survey by Wist personalized food and drink recommendations mobile app which discovered that men and women largely misunderstand the romantic preferences of each other on Valentine’s Day. An interesting conclusion found was that neither gender is ready for Valentine’s Day with only a few days left, though of those surveyed men (66%) compared to women (42%) have even made plans yet.
- While women prefer an “out-of-town trip” (25%) or a “romantic home-cooked meal” (24%) as their top two Valentine’s Day activities, men are most commonly planning “dinner at a fun and casual restaurant” (23%) or “dinner at a fancy and elegant restaurant” (15%) for the romantic holiday.
- While 55% of men prefer to go out to dinner, only 12% of women who plan Valentine’s Day activities intend to go out to dinner with their men.
- Unlike a Hollywood movie scene, both men (56%) and women (59%) prefer a “fun and casual” Valentine’s Day spot to a “fancy and elegant” venue.
- Among traditional gifts, women overwhelmingly prefer to receive jewelry (39%), but most men (34%) will give flowers.
- For traditional gifts, men much preferred to receive “something sexy” (32%), but most women (36%) will give their man a card.
- With only a few days left until Valentine’s Day, 66 percent of women and 42 percent of men haven’t made plans yet about what to do on Feb. 14.
- Likewise, with only a few shopping days left, 44 percent of women and 32 percent of men haven’t yet decided what gift to give their significant other.
Yikes! Let’s get it together peeps. You’ve got a few more days! Hop to it!
In part two to this post later today, we’ll offer suggestions based on an analysis of thousands of restaurant and bar recommendations processed by the team at WIST app to get you started!