Regularly, friends and potential partners and others send us lots of fun items, services and other products to check out. We do an informal review and periodically share our impressions of them with you guys. Our swag closet of stuff has been brimming and we’ve been checking out some of the inventive, innovative and yummy goodies that make life easier for moms, family and others.
Here are 7 things we’re digging this Spring!
1. RawSpiceBar is a subscription box that delivers 3 freshly ground, exotic and global flavors from around the world for $6/month. Each box includes three kitchen-tested recipes and an origin & history of spices from that region. The creators collaborate with chefs who have an expertise in one specific region or geography, ensuring authenticity of each of our flavors and dishes. Past spice boxes have included Istanbul, Navajo, Japanese, among many others.
Over 3,000 customers and more are enjoying the boxes and the company was recently featured in The Kitchn, Tasting Table & Lifehacker. Nice! Per the company, here are a few highlights about Raw Spice Bar”
- Freshly ground: Our spices are whole toasted, ground and blended just a few days before we ship directly to your door so you can have your spices the way you have your coffee (fresh!).
- Perfectly sized: Each of our spice blends are perfectly portioned to create a dish serving 8-12. Our recipes are kitchen tested and loved- and almost always will include an option for vegans, carnivores and vegetarians.
- Spice discovery: Our blends are from old family recipes or our curated chefs- so you can explore new spice blends from experts all year long.
We got the Ethiopian kit and made some Shiro, and Mesir Wot with Injera using the spices. It was really good and almost authentic. At least it looked authentic. (smile)
2. Spring Cleaning also means redocorating and hooking up the backyard and other areas for entertainment given that the warmer months of the year are prime time for having guests over the house. Re-invigorate a room with new easy-to-install recessed lighting.
You can update the look of your kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom lighting fixtures using EzClipse which require absolutely no tools to install. They are idiot proof. In fact, I easily attached them to our recessed lighting and the effect is a new look in no time. It’s a relatively super cheap way to bring a room to life as the clips run between $20 to $50 each! Sweet!
EzClipse magnetically attaches directly to the metal trim of recessed light fixtures, changing the décor in just seconds. EzClipse offers three lines o flight conversion to revamp drab lighting fixtures: Choose from Low Profile, Stylish or Shade options that offer something for any room in your home.
3. If you are having a Spring or Summer Baby and are entering into your final trimester in pregnancy, it may be time get your hands on a Belli Ultimate Stretch Mark Protection Kit.
The kit includes:
WASH with Pure & Pampered Body Wash to gently cleanse without stripping skin of its natural oils. It is lavender scented. Hmmm. My favorite relaxing scent;
PREP with Fresh Start Pre-Treatment Scrub to wash away dead skin cells and reveal new, healthy. This is great because when you are pregnant, your skin can get very oily and so periodic facial scrubs are essential for keeping the skin fresh. Belli’s PREP does the trick and is infused with essential peppermint oil which is wonderful for calming nausea;
PROTECT with Elasticity Belly Oil by massaging into skin morning and night anywhere skin needs to stretch. You really cannot avoid stretch marks if your body and skin is predisposed to get them, but it doesn’t hurt to keep amply moisturized your thighs, shoulders, arms and other areas where stretching happens during pregnancy. This product has Gotu Kola extract and Vitamin E, both which are known for combating scarring. It also has a nice fragrant lavendar oil scent to it; and finally,
MOISTURIZE with All Day Moisture Body Lotion, a luxurious cream that deeply moisturizes and comforts dry skin. This product containts essential lemon oil and Elasticity Belly Oil’s lavender which offer a spa-like experience. Belli Skincare products are allergy tested, free of paraben preservatives, phthalates, and artificial dyes or fragrances, and made in the USA. And, for expecting and new moms the products are teratology screened to avoid ingredients with even remote links to birth defects or miscarriage in published medical studies, snd Lactmed screened to avoid any ingredients that could be harmful if passed through breast milk.
The Belli Ultimate Stretch Mark Protection Kit is $75 available at belliskincare.com.
4. If baby has arrived and you are looking for a video monitor, consider Motorola’s MBP853CONNECT and MBP853CONNECT-2 wi-fi baby monitors that help you keep up with your day-to-day tasks, while keeping a watchful eye on your baby!
Product highlights include: Wi-fi capable; a high sensitivity microphone to pick up every tiny whimper or cry from baby; an out-of-range alert that tells you when you’ve ventured too deep in the yard or basement so that you won’t be able to get the benefit of the monitor; a room temperature display so you are reminded if the nursery is overheated or too cold; a two-way communication function so you can call down to a family member to bring up a bottle, toy, blanket while you are feeding, rocking the baby to sleep or entertaining baby and don’t want to leave the room; infrared night vision so you can check out baby even if the lights are all off in the nursery and 5 lullabies that play to shussh baby back to sleep or keep them sleeping through a nap.
It’s about $200 and worth the security.
5. It’s time to show off the nails and toes again. We are fans of DIY nail design on the blog and we know now that Kiseque makes Liquid Palisade which is a unique painter tape for at-home manicures. They’re a must-have and we’re loving creating different designs.
6. For baby showers and baby’s First Birthday, consider gifting your little one or a new baby in the family a personalized books. I have several of these for each of my children. I See Me creates them and the quality is exquisite! They are also wonderful baptism and Godparent gifts for first personalized books and gifts. I got the My Snuggle Bunny book for my new Goddaughter and niece and it was a hit at the baby shower!
It drew in lots of ooohs and aaaahs! Definitively a gift that helps you shine at the shower.
7. If you want to send a gift to someone who is getting better in the hospital, just had a baby, or are thinking of something yummy to give to mom for Mother’s Day, consider checking out Matthews 1812 House which has a variety of decadent desserts for Mom. From tasty cookies like the Triple Chocolate Cookies, to succulent brownies like the Chocolate Chip Brownie Bar, to salty sweets like the Parmesan Cheese Bites, Mom will love these mouthwatering gifts. Plus, a variety of gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan items are available, making them a perfect fit for every mom!
We got a sample in our office the other day and it lasted less than a day they were that good! The packaging is attractive and mom (or grandmom or a Godmom to your kids) will love it!
There you have it, 7 super cool products to check out this Spring and for Mom’s Day, Baby Showers, Baptisms and other events in your life. Enjoy!