This is the first generation learning to use technology before they walk or talk. What are the long-term health implications?
Understandably, 70% of parents surveyed are worried how too much digital screen time will impact their children’s health, mind and bodies.
Studies show that children will suffer from digital addiction, computer vision syndrome (CSV) and more.
Here are just a few examples from the infographic:
· Nearly 40% of children spend at least three hours per day on digital devices
- Digital Addiction: Winning a video game releases dopamine similar to drug, gambling and sexual addictions.
- Nearsightedness: Has increased from 25% to 41% in the last 30 years and too much screen time and not enough sunlight are key reasons.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: Caused by blinking 60% less when using a digital device.
- 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes take a 20 second break and look at something 20 feet away.