Developing a birth plan is important for pregnant women to share their concerns, fears and get information about labor, birth and postpartum procedures.
Here are 6 ways you can adapt your birth plan during the pandemic:
- Choosing Your Hospital
Look into a hospital’s birth protocol. Here are questions to ask before registering with them:
- Are patients allowed birth partners?
- Who can visit?
- What happens if you test positive for COVID-19?
- What happens if my baby and I get complications?
- What has changed with regards to hospital operations?
- Will I be discharged early? If so, what support is in place for follow-ups?
- What should I pack in my hospital bag?
Inquire if your partner is allowed to stay with you through birth and during the postpartum process and what provisions they have for that.