First-time mom-to-be Tatyana Ali is having the most adorable pregnancy…well if one can judge by the cute pics the Fresh Prince of Bel Air alum has been posting on her Instagram.
Most recently, the Harvard University graduate hit the beach with her new husband Stanford University English professor Dr. Vaughn Raspberry to celebrate a birthday.
And learning about how that belly can disrupt normal life…
And also has been styling in Pink Blush Maternity Clothing…
And joining a campaign to promote literacy with the hubby…
And keeping on her fitness…
And nesting, sewing curtains and prepping for baby, due this year…
Follow her on Instagram for more.
Like most celebrities who get paid to be fit and trim, many moms are eager to get back into pre-pregnant shape and down to their pre-pregnancy size sometime too soon. It is not advisable to start with aerobics or other heavy exercises immediately. You must wait at least six weeks before starting to exert after pregnancy by vaginal way and eight weeks after pregnancy by Cesarean.
Here are the four best ways to get back into your pre-preggers shape:
1. Walking: This is probably the easiest way to carry out your weight loss early pregnancy plan. It is safe and easy; grab your partner and go for a stroll in the neighborhood. A nice walk in the open will surely make you feel better and uplift your mood. Keep in mind not to overexert yourself.
2. Running: If you are an habitual runner then there’s nothing to worry. Getting pregnant doesn’t mean the you will have to stop running . Just keep in mind not to overdo it; never run to the point of exhaustion. Regular burns extra calories and can help you in your weight loss early pregnancy plan.
3. Yoga: If you want to stay fit and lose weight during and after pregnancy then doing pre-natal yoga is the best thing for you. Yoga has many benefits, it is a great stress buster, helps in easing back and joint pains ( very common in pregnant women), and also helps in childbirth and post delivery stages. Overall regular Yoga can help you to go through your pregnancy with minimal worry.
I like Pilates which did a great job for me.
4. Swimming: Swimming is a very good way to exercise and can help in weight loss early pregnancy. It can significantly lower your weight as swimming exercises the whole body. Join any water aerobics class or pre-natal swimming to stay fit and healthy during your pregnancy.
Safety considerations for exercise during pregnancy
To ensure that our exercise program provides us with all of the wonderful benefits outlined above, we also need to do whatever we can to ensure our safety and that of our baby, so below is a list of safety considerations to be aware of; and remember to always speak to your Doctor or Obstetrician if you are unsure.
- Avoid becoming overheated.
- Avoid high intensity exercise.
- Avoid frequent and prolonged exercise after week 28 of your pregnancy.
- Limit the amount of exercise that you do lying on your back.
- This is of particular concern from your second trimester on.
- Avoid the use of hand weights over0.5kgin weight during aerobic classes.
- Perform Pelvic Floor (Kegel) Exercises.
- Wear a good supportive bra.
- Avoid rapid changes in direction and be very cautious if you are doing Step exercise classes.
- Stretch gently.
- Have a light snack approximately 2 hours before exercise and carry a small carton of fruit juice to your workout.
- If at any time during your exercise session you feel very hot, faint, dizzy, short of breath, experience vaginal bleeding, have palpitations, blurred vision, or severe or continuous headaches – STOP EXERCISING IMMEDIATELY.
- It is also important to stop if you experience lower abdominal pain, tightness or cramping, back pain or pubic pain. If you experience any of these symptoms, consult your obstetrician as soon as possible.
Since Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kandi Burruss announced her first pregnancy with new husband Todd Tucker last month, she has been sharing the ups and downs with her million plus fans and followers on Instagram.
We know from peeping her IG that the music & business mogul has been keeping it 100 still by working out with show co-star Porsha Williams yet giving in once in a while to a good fast food burger meal while still coping with pregnancy fatigue.
She also recently celebrated Tucker’s birthday. Fun!
Hang in there, mama! The former girl band member and platinum songwriter has a very vibrant and active IG feed.
Very worth the follow!
Bristol Palin took a selfie that she posted on Instagram recently, the gossip blogs and sites picked it up and wrote declared it was a first photo of her bump. Well, first, there really isnt’ much of a bump there.
Second, it was all this young woman’s critics needed to go IN on her. People leaving comments to these articles lambasted the daughter of the former governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin, for taking a self-photo while preggers.
Palin announced earlier this year that she was unexpectedly pregnant (though she flipped the script a little while later claiming it was sort of planned), and afterwards, she demanded that people not lecture her and asked them to respect her privacy.
Well…Good Luck with that mama!
The comment section of US Weekly and other sites were littered with unsympathetic folks:
“Two kids with two different baby daddies???
“She better not open her wide mouth and criticize others from now on.
“Hypocritical and revolting woman.”
Some asked if she wanted privacy why is she posting baby bump selfies.
Well, she didn’t but…oh well.
It’s going to be a long long nine months chick. Get ready for it.
It’s been a little while since we rounded up the latest among the celebrity women we “bump watch” now and in the past. Here’s what is going on with then and links to where you can go to find out more and see more pics!
Jessie James Decker showed off her growing bumping and plenty of cleavage at the 2015 CMT Music Awards. (FashionStyle)
Naya Rivera revealed that she feels awkward having sex with husband Ryan Dorsey. Apparently intimacy isn’t what it used to be for the couple (Celebrity Babies)
Congratulations are in order for Sister Wives stars Kody Brown and Robyn Brown who are expecting their 5th child together, but Kody’s 18th. (US Weekly)
Lisa Stelly and Jack Osbourne welcomed their second daughter, Andy Rose Osbourne last Saturday, June 30. (Celebrity Babies)
Kristin Cavallari cradles her growing bump in a bikini on Instagram. (The Hollywood Gossip)
Sherri Saum celebrated her twins first birthday. (Sun-Sentinel)
Kim Kardashian has been spotted out and about in simple but still skin tight pencil skirt length dresses and outfits:
Pregnant Kim Kardashian Highlights Teeny Baby Bump in Skintight Black Dress: See the Photos! http://t.co/3ffj8Z3wEW
— modtoast (@modtoast) June 9, 2015
This Friday, American Baby released its July issue featuring on the cover The Real TV host Tamera Mowry-Housley who is expecting her second child, a daughter, this July.
Last week in advance of the release, Mowry-Housley took readers of her blog behind the scenes of the cover photo shoot.
About the experience, she writes:
I couldn’t have been happier with the shoot day. I got to get all dolled up (I feel so sexy and powerful during pregnancy), loved working with their team (they made me so comfortable), and shared about what being a parent is really all about. I touched on some of what having Aden has taught me in my Mother’s Day post, but dove a little deeper in the magazine’s piece
Nice. Check out the article in the online or traditional version of the magazine. She, her husband FOX news correspondent Adam Housley and their two and a half year old son Aden will welcome the new addition next month in July.
In our Red Carpet coverage yesterday we totally missed the only preggers celeb at the Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 7: The Great Gasby actress Carey Mulligan.
We loved her understated, yet still classic and polished A-line oxblood colored Balenciaga gown that just streamed over her bump fluidly. The Brit beauty is reportedly about 20 weeks along, E! Online reports.
Mulligan is married to Mumford & Sons front man Marcus Mumford. This will be the first child for the couple who wed in April 2012 at a farm in Somerset, England before 100 guests including their famous friends Colin Firth, Sienna Miller and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Recently, Tamera Mowry-Housley‘s co-host stars on the FOX daytime talk show The Real surprised her with a baby shower on air.
The panel were in the beginning of their “Girl Chat” segment, when co-host randomly said Loni Love say “she wanted a baby shower”. The actress, blogger and entrepreneur looked genuinely shocked at the ornately decorated set and all the treats and gifts her co-panelists got for her. To add the the cute on-air moment, at one point, her son Aden was rolled out in a wagon. Her hubby FOX news correspondent Adam Housley made a surprise appearance during the segment as well. Sweet.
In a way, it was a sort of “pay it forward” thing because earlier in the month on May 5th, she surprised her husband with a man shower including some of his best buds who participated in silly shower games on air. Not expecting the same, it was her turn! Awesomeness for a wonderful and beautiful couple. The pair will welcome their second child together, a girl, later this year.
Check out videos from each shower below:
Photos: The Real Daytime Show
This week, Kim Kardashian announced she and her husband Kanye West are expecting their second child. It was big news for less than a half a day when it was overshadowed by her step dad Bruce reveal in Vanity Fair magazine of his new transgender identity as Caitlyn Jenner.
Throughout all the amplified media attention over that news, Kardashian is dealing with severe morning sickness, USA Today reports . She appeared cool and collected rocking a black sheer and stud embellished Proenza Schouler dress with her hubby on the red carpet to Monday night’s CDFA Awards at the Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center on June 1, 2015 in New York City.
In fact, the road to pregnancy and all involved with the state of pregnancy has been rocky for Kardashian. The reality TV star battled harsh criticism over her weight gain and choice of maternity wear for the last pregnancy, then by its end she developed preeclamsia-triggered extreme high blood pressure. She had to have an emergency pre-term c-section caused by complications from that condition, and another problem with her uterine lining.
Then, on her journey to expand her family, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians cast member stumbled upon complications and experienced infertility for eight months before becoming successful with the help of in vitro fertiliztion. A source to PEOPLE magazine reported that the business mogul had to repair the lining of her uterus which was the source of a lot of her complications to conceive.
One has to just chuckle about the amount of reporting on one woman’s reproductive organs. Phew!
The family, which includes almost 2-year old Nori West, will welcome the new addition this December.
And of course, as could be expected, the comments and tweets came flowing in joking that this baby will be named, South West.