Pi Day is coming up this week: March 14.
The date 3.14 represents the numerical value of pi, which is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter and is approximately equal to 3.14159…… The numbers after the decimal never repeat and go on forever!
A lot of schools celebrate by encouraging families to bake pies. If yours is or if you are just interested in baking a pie to celebrate, the Kitchn.com has a great list of 20 with recipes to check out HERE!
Viki’s Granola Mixed Berry Crisp
• ¾ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup (packed) light brown sugar
• 1 cup Viki’s blueberry almond granola
• 1 stick unsalted butter
• 4 cups frozen mixed berries (don’t thaw)
• 1/3 cup of sugar
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• Preheat oven to 375oF.
• Lightly butter oven safe ceramic bowl.
• Place topping ingredients into a bowl, working the butter into the granola mixture. Once complete, set aside.
• Place filling ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
• Pour the berry mixture into the buttered ceramic bowl.
• Pour granola mixture evenly on top of the berries.
• Bake for 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit juices are bubbling.
• Let it rest for 15 minutes before serving.