If you’re feeling the pressure to overspend this Holiday season and are stressing over having the most perfect of perfectest Christmas ever, you’re going to lose it before the big day arrives.
Cool it! Take it easy and woooosah! Here is a list of 15 things you can cut out of your life to make your Christmas (or Holidays) less costly and less frustrating, compliments of this old post from FrugalGirl.
- You don’t have to bake a bazillion kinds of cookies.
- You don’t have to have multiple Christmas trees.
- You don’t have to go to a farm and chop down your own tree.
- You don’t have to make your own Christmas cards.
- (You don’t even have to send out Christmas cards, actually. I haven’t for lots of years now and I don’t think anyone has been offended.)
- You don’t have to go to the office party.
- You don’t have to buy gifts for everyone, even though the magazines say you should hand out tips and gifts to pretty much everyone you hired throughout the year.
- You don’t have to make homemade quilted stockings for your whole family.
- You don’t have to buy everything your children want. (Really. It’ll probably be good for them if you don’t.)
- You don’t have to see all of your relatives.
- You don’t have to see everyone on Christmas day.
- You don’t have to have a traditional Christmas dinner.
- You don’t have to have immaculately groomed children on Christmas Day.
- You don’t have to have a perfectly clean, perfectly decorated house.
- If the things you do at Christmastime serve the people around you, bring you joy, and reflect your priorities, then great! Carry on.
But if you feel like your past Christmases have left you and your bank account exhausted, then change something.