“These past 24 hrs have been an adventure to say the least!!” the brand new doting dad captioned a photo of his daughter holding onto his finger he posted on Instagram announcing the news. “I’m a part of the #girldad club now ??. Perfection is here ❤️”
Mena later shared a photo of Safaree loving on his newborn.
The couple married last October 2019 in a lavish ceremony in Atlanta. He is best known for penning several songs for his ex Nicki Minaj. He is from the Hollywood permeation of the hit VH1 reality TV series and she from Atlanta.
“Just here staring at my husband as he obsesses over our daughter ♥️??? I thank God,” she captioned the sweet photo. “I prayed for this life.”
Earlier in the day, she revealed that the newest addition to their family is a rainbow baby, a baby born after a loss such as a miscarriage or still born. Mena has 12-year old son named King from a previous relationship.
It’s been awhile since I stalked checked in with some of our fave pregnant celebs.
They look like they are doing well.
Love and Hip Hop‘s Erica Mena has been styling and profiling on Insta and recently revealed during a “gender reveal party” that she and hubby Safaree Samuels are havig a baby girl.
“God I can’t thank you enough,” Erica wrote in an Instagram post that featured footage from the big gender reveal party. “My husband and I are living a dream,” Mena told her fans. “Everything we’ve ever wanted has officially come true.
Meanwhile, country singer Maren Morris, who is expecting her first child — a baby boy with husband Ryan Hurd, is cracking us up with her funny posts on Twitter.
Her last post was about a quasi back handed compliment she appreciated getting at the nail salon
Third Trimester Hormone Update: My nail lady said “your face doesn’t even look that fat” and I genuinely teared up I was so touched.
Further along in her pregnancy, Love and Hip Hop: NY star Erica Mena gave her followers a glimpse of her third trimester belly recently. “This is what our third trimester is looking like ? Weeks away until we meet HER♥️ ,” she captioned a photo that also promoted fashion brand FASHIONOVA.
Mena and her husband and co-star Safaree are expecting their first child together.
Finally, dancer and actress Jenna Dewan‘s bare bump look came to us compliments of her boyfriend Steve Kazee who posted a sweet birthday message to the love of his life and soon-to-be mom of his first child (her second).
He captioned a photo of the Step Up star in a cropped tee and briefs:
“This woman. What an indelible mark she has placed on my heart. The day of her birth has been a full one for us so far…dropping off the kiddo at school, baby doc appointment, nursery planning, moving into our new home, picking the kiddo up from school and so many other little life moments. Through it all I love catching eyes with her and knowing that she is the person I will be spending the rest of my life with. I couldn’t be more grateful that she was put on this earth and that we found each other through all the noise. I love you Jenna and I hope you have the happiest of birthdays!”
VH1 Love and Hip Hopstars Erica Mena and Safaree Samuels are preparing for a wedding and to welcome their first child together, but they still made time to pose for a glamorous roaring 20s speakeasy themed maternity photo shoot.
Mena shared some photos from the shoot last week and more elegant thematic ones more recently. In the newer photos, Mena sits on a vintage car in an off white slip dress, her hair in traditional waves common of that era.
Her fiance and co-star rapper Safaree looks dapper in a white shirt with tan wide bottom pants and overall while toting a vintage rifle common with that age in time.
It’s super cute! Here are a few and head over to their accounts for more
Before the birth of their first child together, the married VH1 stars of the hit show Love and Hip HopSafaree and Erica Mena performed a series of gender reveals to find out whether they’re having a boy or girl.
In the set of stringed-together shorts, they try three very popular gender reveal tactics to determine if they are having a boy or girl for their first child together. First, they cut open a white frosted several-layered cake hoping to see a pink or blue colored inside but no luck!
There is a set of different colored layers of a rainbow cake. Womp Womp Womp!!! Next up…the balloon reveal. Will this trick reveal the baby’s sex or no?
A bunch of white balloons drift out when they open it together at the count of 3 so… no luck there, either. Their banter is pretty funny in between each “reveal.” Finally, they dry the usual poppers which usually stream out pink or blue confetti if done right. But for the Samuels, they get a bunch of tiny bills flowing out! Not “tiny” as in $1s but as in miniature bills! ha!
It’s a fun reveal and in the end, we still do not know. Stay tuned!
Love & Hip Hop New York follows the lives and relationships of hip-hop artists as they make their mark on the Big Apple. The cast includes the outspoken Joe Budden, Cyn Santana, Remy Ma, Papoose, Juelz Santana, Kim “Kimbella” Vanderhee and more.
Recently, reports surfaced that Hollywood Exesstar Andrea Kelly (1) divorced her husband Brian McKee of two months after she discovered inappropriate texts between him and several of his exes. A couple of weeks ago, the interwebs went gaga over Phaedra Parks’ (2) reading of her show nemesis Kenya Moore who for two seasons milked inappropriate text messages she had exhanged with Parks’ husband Apollo Nida.
They are the latest in celebrity break ups or scandals over texting. Reese Witherspoon (3) divorced Ryan Phillippe shortly after discovering text messages between him and his mistress Abbie Cornish. Similarly, Sandra Bullock (4) discovered hubby Jesse James‘ text messages with Michelle McGhee; Shaunie O’Neal (5) discovered Shaquille O’Neal texts with longtime girlfriend Vanessa Lopez; Eva Longoria (6) discovered beau Tony Parker‘s sexting with teammate Brent Barry‘s wife Erin Barry; David Duchony (7) discovered wife Tea Leoni (8) was sexting with Billy Bob Thornton; Love and Hip Hop Erica Mena (9) broke off her engagement with then fiance Lil Scrappy after finding explicit text messages with another woman; and porn star Ginger Lee released explicit text messages sent from former Congressman Anthony Weiner (10) while married to Huma Abedin.
A recent survey from Victoria Milan discovered that the majority of American cheaters (83%) connected with their lovers via their mobile phones.
Most of the 3,500 members of the company that facilitate extramarital affairs for members said they used WhatsApp, Faceboo or Twitter (56%) followed by Mobile text messages and phone calls on their mobile phones followed.
Most of the cheaters surveyed use their normal telephone number to reach their lovers, but 11% have another “secret SIM card” for keeping their lover secret. And 69% have a contract instead of using prepaid cards even though it is inherently riskier given that their bill provides a complete record of everyone they have contacted via phone and text each month.
These subscription boxes will tear kids away from the devices and nurture a love of books.
This year, many school children got homeschooled or went to school via distance learning and in between, maybe watched TV, played video games or engaged with mobile devices to distract.
Parents who want to make sure their children develop a love and passion for reading and books during this pandemic and beyonc should consider investing in a monthly subscription service or giving one as a gift to a child in their lives who loves to read or who should read more!
The global pandemic is restricting the ability for a lot of us to get outside this year which is frustrating especially to kids who love the great outdoor.
While a book cannot replace outside activity, it can be a way to exercise the brain.
In fact, book subscription businesses are trending.
Here are three that will deliver titles tailored to your child and his or her interests.
ATLAS BOOK CLUB
Maryland attorney and mom of three, Bunmi Emenanjo started a book club in 2017 so she could teach her Nigerian American kids about their culture and people from all around the world.
Emenano said she when she would guest read to children as part of the book club back then, she became intrigued and fascinated by how how responsive the kids were and how much they thirst to learn about cultures different from their own.
That curiousity turned into the Atlas Book Club subcription box business in 2019 for culturally curious kids!
The service delivers more than just books each month. Each box comes with souvenirs, postcards and other knick knacks related to whatever country is being featured that month.
Subscribers get a comprehensive and immersive experience in each box!
Since launching as a business in November 2019, Atlas Book Club has explored 20 countries including South Africa, Guatemala, the Philippines, Nigeria, Haiti, India, Chile and so many more.
Monthly subscriptions are $37.99. A three month goes for $110 and a 6 month about $215, which would make a great gift!
The box, while pricier than the other two in this list, is worth the value for parents, grandparents and caregivers who seek to grow a child who is a world citizen and who is cognizant and aware of the contributions of different people’s to society.
Epic is another parent-founding platfom and is currently the largest digital reading platform. I’ve blogged about this company before which owns a a collection of over 40,000 popular children’s books from over 250 of the top book publishers.
Epic curates collections based on age, topic, and other categories.
Founded by two parents, Epic was born out of a single question: How do we make books more accessible to kids?
Wanting to make books as accessible as games and other digital content, dads Kevin Donahue and Suren Markosian founded Epic in 2013.
Today, Epic has grown into an award-winning subscription service which gives millions of families and classrooms instant, unlimited access to thousands of books, videos and quizzes from leading publishers to help kids everywhere read, learn and grow.
While it is normaly $9.99 for monthly access, you can get an annual subscription for $4.99 now through December 31st if you pay for the full year in advance!
While it is normaly $9.99 for monthly access, you can get an annual subscription for $4.99 now through the end of the year 2020.
A committee of parents carefully curate Lily Post’s monthy subscription boxes. Delivered in a nice box is either a set of 4 hard back books or three picture books.
And with Lily Post’s charitable One Book, One Box donation program, each purchase supports the company’s mission to donate to charities that give the gift of books and literacy to communties and children in need.
Your gift or subscription would have altruistic purposes as well this gift giving season!
One morning, I shared a photo of my morning Wheat Grass shot with my friends on Twitter and Instagram. In the background was my very full and messy bookshelf. I realized that many of the leisure books were gifted to me from others. Thought it would be fun to share some of those books that I return to time and time again:
1. How to Form a Nonfprofit Corporation, 8th Edition by Attorney Anthony Mancuso – Because I have helped a few friends, family and clients set up their non profits and 501(c)3 organizations, I purchased this book to get a handy resource guide. It’s an excellent resource guide for professionals and the everyday lay person. Recommend for those who cannot afford the usual $2,000 that many lawyers will charge to set up a 501(c)3.
2. Making Babies Book by Shosanna Easling – I am reviewing this book and giving away a copy which includes a DVD to one of my readers on my pregnancy blog, Bellyitch. I will review it this week, but so far, I love the imagery in the book and it seems like it was written from a nice place. It is based on organic, holistic, all natural principles. Good for the earthy mother types.
4. Enchantment, The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds and actions by Guy Kawasaki – I once sat on a panel with a Hollywood agent in Kingston, Jamaica. We were talking radio and cable piracy. When we were done, the agent gave me this book as a favor to Guy who asked him to spread the word about his book to influencers. Love it. Very insightful book. Great for thought leaders. If you are in the business of needing to build a brand or sway audiences, this book is a must read!
5. The Warrior Method: A Parents’ Guide to Rearing Healthy Black Boys by Raymond A. Winbush, PhD – A blogger friend of mine who once authored the very popular and award winning Ebonymommy.com for years before abandoning it a couple years ago, gave me this book as a gift as I have two black boys, my sons, that I am raising and she thought this would help. Good advice. Worth a read. Easy to get through. It is very focused on African American boys though as I have to blend it in with some West Indian and African sensibilities since those kids are of mixed national heritage.
6. Home Comforts, The Art and Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson – A friend gifted this to me and my husband when we purchased our first home 11 years ago. Wonderful resource book for anyone and any home. It’s pretty lengthy and there is lots of type and not much images to distract but the information in it is priceless and great for those who did not grow up in a home where the parents stressed housekeeping details. Perfect for ME!
8. The 4-Hour Work Week, by Timothy Ferriss – A friend of mine suggested this book at least a year ago to me and she was able to put the principles in place and actually quit her job as an attorney and has developed a successful career doing what she loves, being a travel photographer and working 4 hours a week. The advice in it is immeasurable. I’m enjoying combing through it still.
9. A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ismael Beah – I picked this book at one of my second homes, Starbucks, mainly because it is authored by one of my native country mates from Sierra Leone about his experiences being a soldier in Sierra Leone’s decades long civil war in the 90s. It’s a sobering story but quite informative while captivating.
10. Ancestor Stones by Aminiata Forna – My husband got this book for me as a Christmas present because it is written by a Sierra Leonean woman. It is a novel that provides a nice look inside the life of a Westernized woman (like me) who returns to her native land and discovers much about her roots. Love it!
TV One‘s R&B Divas: Atlantaalum Keke Wyatt is 8 months pregnant and recently shared on Instagram that her husband of 7 years, Michael Ford, wants a divorce. The singer, who has a phenomenal voice (I heard her in person) revealed the news in a tearful video re-posted on gossip site, Shaderoom.
“You want to know something, America? When you 8 months pregnant and you got a child sick, in and out of the hospital, and your husband got the nerve to tell you that he wants a divorce,” she says in the video. “Because… he says that you’re an emotional wreck. He says that from the very beginning you never trusted me and all that kind of stuff. Telling other people, other women that we getting a divorce and if she calls…like, what?! I’m so done with Michael Jamar. Y’all can have him and roast his ass. I don’t care.”
A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on
Afterwards, Twitter certainly roasted Michael Jamar (Ford), per a run down of the dragging by VH1.com.
Recently, Wyatt revealed that one of her children is battling cancer and she shaved all of her hair off in support of that child, Essencereports.
The couple had also recently babymooned in Hawaii in advance of the arrival of their fourth child together. Wyatt has three children from a previous marriage to her ex husband and road manager, Rahmat Morton. Ford has a child from a previous relationship and Wyatt suffered a still born at the end of her marriage with Morton.
She is pregnant for the 8th time though (including her still born baby) but if you count her step child, she is mom 9 x over!