America Ferrera Welcomes First Child, Son Sebastian Piers
Congrats to actress America Ferrera and husband Ryan Piers Williams, on the birth of their first child, a son.
The Superstore actress shared an adorable photo of her baby boy’s feet on Instagram today.
“When 2 becomes 3…Welcome, Sebastian Piers Williams-aka Baz!” the Ugly Betty alum captioned the photo. “Mom, Dad, and Baby are happy, healthy, and totally in love!”
The couple announced that they were starting a family of their own on New Year’s Eve, ending 2017 with a bang. The 34-year-old actress went to her social media via Instagram posting a picture of she and her hubby holding up aonesie in the photo op.
She captioned it, “We’re welcoming one more face to kiss in 2018! Wishing you #MasBesosin the New Year! #babybesos#HappyNewYear.”
- The Academic: A basket filled with a collection of books and book marks and/or downloads of his favorite titles on Nook, Kindle or Audible.com.
- The Sports Dad: Two tickets to a game or his favorite team’s jersey and cap.
- The Movie Loving Dad: A movie prize pack including theater ticket vouchers, a sample of movies, microwave popcorn and/or candy assembled in a basket.
- The Cigar Loving Dad: A couple of his favorite cigars and/or a cigar holder, engraved with his initials if you still have time to get that done.
- The Jazz Loving Dad: An old jazz album of his that you put in a frame that you can pick up from Target or Walmart and/or tickets to a local jazz performance or club
- The Outdoorsy Dad: A collection of common accessories items he needs for a day out hiking, or bike riding or kayaking that has gotten worn down and need replacing. Assemble a few items of each with some sporting magazines in a basket.
- The Businessman Dad: Cuff links, suspenders, a tie tack and/or the traditional tie would be perfect. Anything that can be quickly monogrammed is a plus.
- The Nascar loving dad: A poster, cap and other car accessories featuring the logos of his favorite driver
- The Hipster dad: A coffee mug with a Starbucks gift card and an iTunes gift card (and or a music mix on a jump drive or CD of his favorite songs)
- The Wine Loving dad: A basket with an assortment of his favorite wines, a pack of gourmet crackers, a wedge of aged cheese and a wine bottle opener
Congress has in place recommendations and rules that limits the way the American flag is displayed and used, according to the Old Farmer’s Almanac. For example, it should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise; it should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free; should never have anything placed on it; and never advertising purpose, nor embroidered on cushions or handkerchiefs, printed on paper napkins or boxes, nor used as any portion of a costume.
See the complete list and read the back story HERE!
If you are grilling for Memorial Day next week and need some grilling tips, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 10 of our fave tips we spotted from various sources and around the web and assembled into top 15 tips:
2 liter Sprite
1 can frozen lemonade
3 cans water
1 package kool-aid lemonade
1 cup sugar
fresh or frozen berries
lots of ice
12 ounces rotini pasta
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
4 roma (plum) tomato, diced
1/4 cup Italian-style salad dressing
12 hard boiled egg, cooled and peeled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pinch sugar
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
1. Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom. Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, cayenne pepper and sugar using a fork; stir to thoroughly combine.
3. Place the yolk mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves.
4. For the boat sails, cut each bell pepper into 1-inch wide strips. Cut each strip into 1-inch squares and slice each square diagonally to make a triangle. Stick each sail upright into yolk mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
5. Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
1 (8 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
Easy White Icing
Flag Cup Cakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then spread with Easy White Icing using a table knife or small offset spatula. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Decorate patriotic cupcakes in July with stars piped in blue buttercream and stripes cut from red licorice laces.