In a week, the MonsterJam tour will land in my backyard to DC. Tickets are on sale now though some shows are sold out so hop on it now!
I cannot wait to see eight of the most intense athletes of Monster Jam, Washington fans will witness a fierce battle for the championship with each competitor contending in customized high-powered vehicles: Monster Jam Speedsters, Monster Jam ATVs and of course, the iconic Monster Jam trucks in six events sure to leave fans on the edge of their seats.
Joining me will be our winner of our giveaway! If you’ll be there or at any of the stops of this awesome show, you may want to know the answers to some of these Trivia Questions.
How big is a Monster Jam truck?
Answer: Monster Jam trucks stands approximately 12’ tall
How much does each Monster Jam truck weigh?
Answer: Each Monster Jam truck weighs 12,000
How tall are official Monster Jam truck tires?
Answer: Each tire must be 66 inches tall.
How many tons of dirt are needed to set up a track for one Monster Jam show?
Answer: Stadiums use up to 500 truckloads of dirt.
Arenas use over 100 truckloads of dirt
How much horsepower does the average Monster Jam Truck have?
Answer: Each truck produces approximately 1,500
horsepower, which is the equivalent of about 10 average cars.
Who judges each Monster Jam competition?
Answer: The fans! Through Judgeszone.com, each fan
can have a say in the outcome. Monster Jam is the only sport in the world gives
the judging exclusively to the fans.
Who holds the most Monster Jam World Finals Championship titles?
Answer: Tom Meents holds the record for the most
Monster Jam World Finals Championships at 11.
How many drivers hold two or more Monster Jam World Finals Championship titles?
Answer: Since the inception
of the Monster Jam World Finals, only 8 drivers have two or more Championships
to their credit.
Nothing frees up your time like being told you have to stay on bed rest for the remainder of your pregnancy, and if you don’t have enough distractions you can quickly find yourself bored out of your mind.
Of course you can play your favorite games like Words with Friends or Wheel of Fortune, but after a while even those will lose their luster, and you’ll need something else to occupy your hours.
Here are 6 iPhone applications that will help take up some time and answer any questions you may have regarding concerns about the baby that may pop into your head while you are lying in bed. There’s an app for everything from saving for college to listening to the baby’s heartbeat:
1. CQapital is a hybrid automatic saving app that allows you to save based on goals. You can decide what triggers a deposit, and Qapital will do the work of getting that money into a savings account.
You can also save with group goals – get together with friends and family and set goals together.
This application allows you to do the calculations to determine how much per month you will need to save in order to pay for your child’s college tuition. If you start early then you will have the advantage of compounding interest and you won’t have to put as much away each month versus starting when your child is 10.
is a hybrid automatic saving app that allows you to save based on goals. You can decide what triggers a deposit, and Qapital will do the work of getting that money into a savings account.
You can also save with group goals – get together with friends and family and set goals together.
2. Soundhound Ever been bored and start humming a song and wish you knew what the song was? With this application you can hum a few bars and it will use its vast library of over a million tunes to identify the song. Want to come up with a bunch of lullabies for your baby? This application can help with that.
3. iPregnancyWant to know what’s going on inside your body at this very moment? iPregnancy tells you how big the baby should be, what’s going on physically with the baby, keeps track of appointments and has a great baby name function to help you figure out what you are going to name your little peanut when the time comes.
4. GroceryList You may be on bed rest, but the rest of the family still needs to eat. Don’t feel like you have to rely on your partner to handle everything with this application. Now you can look up recipes, create a grocery list, sort the items on the list by aisle in the store, and then text everything to someone else to run to the store for you. If your family runs out of anything they can scan the barcode using this application and it will automatically be added to the list.
5. My Baby’s Beat With this application you can actually use the microphone on your iPhone to hear your baby’s heart beat and your own. You can record the heart beat and e-mail it to
6. After Baby is born: BabyTimerThis application allows you to keep track of the number of wet and dirty diapers your baby has each day. It also keeps track of feedings so that you can report all of this information back to your pediatrician.
I’ve taken my sons to Monster Jam®, the unexpected, unscripted and unforgettable, most family-friendly motor sport in the world, when they were younger and now that the show is heading back to Washington, DC for three adrenaline pumping events at the Capital One Arena on January 26-27, I will take my daughter.
Girls can like big trucks too!
The show will feature eight of the most intense athletes of Monster Jam so Washington fans will get to witness a fierce battle for the championship with each competitor contending in customized high-powered vehicles: Monster Jam Speedsters, Monster Jam ATVs and of course, the iconic Monster Jam trucks in six events sure to leave fans on the edge of their seats.
I did not realize previously that Monster Jam drivers are trained, world-class male and female athletes.
To get the honor of driving one of these beasts on wheels, they have to who master not only the physical strength and mental stamina needed to compete, but the vital dexterity to control 12,000-pound machines capable of doing backflips, vertical two-wheel skills and racing at speeds up to 70 miles per hour to produce jaw-dropping, live motor sports action seen around the world.
Wowza! I cannot wait to experience this again up close and personal!
Fans are invited to the pre-event Pit Party before January 26 and 27 1:00 p.m. events where they can get up-close-and personal with the Monster Jam trucks and drivers, take photos and get autographs.
WHERE: Capital One Arena – 601 F St NW, Washington, DC 20004
WHEN: Saturday, January 26 @ 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 27 @ 1:00 p.m.
The Pit Party on Saturday, January 26 and Sunday, January 27from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. gives fans the opportunity to get up close and personal to the Monster Jam trucks and drivers.
I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-Show events.
Even though I receive these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine
If you’re feeling the belly itch and you’re expecting to increase your family in 2019 or 2020, you may need to consider buying a more family friendly car this year.Here are our 5 top picks for family friendly cars to buy in 2019 if you’re expecting.
Once again, for families in 2019 it’s still
all about the SUV. Our top family friendly SUV pick is the Mazda CX-9
as it has an impressive ride and handling. It’s also got awesome advanced
safety tech to keep new bub safe on the road. Older kids also won’t get bored
on longer drives with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. As a seven seater this
one is perfect for larger families or for those parents who play chauffer to
not only their own kids but their friends as well. This one comes in front and
all-wheel drive models depending on your needs.
If you’re not looking into buying an SUV then you might want to look at the Chevrolet Malibu for your family’s needs. The Chevrolet Malibu comes with a bunch of family friendly features. Perhaps most importantly it has excellent fuel economy for parents who are forever chauffeuring the kids around. The engine is officially rated for 33 miles per gallon on the highway and 26 mpg combined but many reviewers have fared much better during test drives. For a sedan this big, that’s pretty impressive.
While not readily available in North America, though it can be ordered, the dual-cab doesn’t normally go hand in hand with family life, instead being designated to tradesmen, the Toyota Hilux seamlessly brings the comfort and room of a family car together with the handiness of a utility vehicle. This is the perfect solution for growing families that only want one car and for those that have many home renovation projects on the go. The performance is excellent and has super safety features to boot including 7 airbags, reversing camera, auto levelling LED headlights, daytime running lights and electronic stability program.
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Golf GTI is our top pick for families that don’t need as much space
and seating. Available as a 6-speed manual or automatic the Golf GTI is a fun
little car, super affordable for those on a budget and of course very family
friendly. Complete with a large infotainment system kids both young and old
will enjoy riding in this car on extended trips or just to and from school.
Cool sport seats in the front and a digital dash brings this hatch up to speed
with far more expensive models.
The Skoda Octavia hatchback is the perfect choice for sensible families, however it’s also a lot more fun to drive than you probably think. While it’s a hatchback it’s still very spacious for the whole family, including a huge boot perfect for soccer parents. Opt for the Octavia Estate if you’re after a car with even more room in the back, the four-wheel-drive Octavia Scout if you’re looking at taking your family on light adventures and the sporty Octavia vRS if you’re all about performance.
It’s time to use those gift cards you got for Christmas! Since 2005, some $45.7 billion has been floating around in unused gift card balances, according to Finder!
We can guess why. Life is Busy. We are Forgetful. Don’t join the statistic! Avoid hesitating on spending your gift card!
I recommend you get on Amazon and quickly order something you would ordinarily NOT get for yourself!
It is an excellent excuse to gift yourself something novel, fun, quirky or just different.
Here are 7 items I’ve seen, purchased, used and looked up to see if they sell them on Amazon and they do! Sweet!
1. Game on!– Get nostalgic and play some of your fave Atari 6400 games you played as a kid with your own kids! We love Blast’s vintage “Plug and Play” video game that comes with a wireless controller and features 8-20 classic video game titles like Centipede, Millipede, Yar’s Revenge, Asteroids, Missile Command, Pitfall, River Raid, Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Galaga and Dig Dug. We picked one up at Target for like $25.00 on sale. Online it’s at Amazon.com for just $18! My husband and I played for hours with our kids on Christmas Eve! So fun!!! Thanks AtGames for gifting us a controller as well!
2. Coffee Lovers – I have been eyeing KRUPS’ Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder for a while now and it’s down to $15! Perfect price point for this best selling press machine for coffee aficionados like myself! It makes 3 ounces worth of yummy goodness in about 10 seconds! Love mine! I got one for Christmas and I’m hoping it saves me money on Starbucks! Oy vey! LOL!!
3. Wine On – Ever since I won a wine tumbler in an Instagram contest, I’ve not stopped using mine. Not sure if to laugh or cry about that! ha! If you have an Amazon gift card, you can pick one up for under $20! It’s my go to at the end of a trying week!
4. Future seekers – Going in 2019, a lot of people have big dreams and hopes of making the next year better than the last. I’m a fan of astrology and birth order and the zodiac and I can say emphatically that I got my kickstart going thoroughly through the pages of Mecca Woods‘ book “Astrology for Happiness and Success!” ($10.39) I not only perused Woods’ very practical tips, delivered in a casual conversational tone for my sign, Virgo, I did for my children’s and husband’s as well. I found the career and wellness guidance extremely relevant and they appear so personalized to me! The book is wonderfully sectioned and organized making it a super easy read! You can pass it on to your mom, sister, bestie when done! Get it!
5. Ski down – It’s the season for hitting the slopes and a new pair of over the glasses ski goggles would be a great gift to give yourself this winter! These are just $18 on Amazon! It gets good reviews, fits with your helmet and fog resistant! Looks like a winner! I think I’ll get the purple ones!
6. Well Read – For the design and/or book lover, this exquisite reading lamp I peeped a teen using while sitting and reading books in Barnes and Noble over the holiday caught my eye. It is pretty, sleek and super portable. I asked her if she got it in the bookstore and she told me no, Amazon! For just $15!!! I just ordered one!
7. Wild Animal – Signal your love of your pet dog or cat with these adorable fridge magnets! I saw these on my girlfriend’s fridge a few months ago! I thought they were so cute and they’re only about $10 for a set on Amazon!
Have fun shopping for stuff you know you may not ordinarily get for yourself!
If you are on the hunt for some home items for the new Year to spruce up your digs, I invite you to check out the folks at California Design Den a quality linen brand “dedicated to delivering high-comfort bedding that’s on-trend and built to last.”
Complimentary of this fabulous company, my hubby and I got a chance to check out of of its luxurious 400-600 thread count sateen weave sheets ($48.89 starting for king size), superbly crafted of fine products and created in an eco-friendly production process.
I chose black because it is my fave color and matches my mahogany sleigh bed and dark wood furnishings in my bedroom. They also come in blue, chocolate brown, blush, light grey, vanilla, indigo batik, mod spa, pure white, red wine and smoked pearl.
The sheets fit in perfectly and felt so smooth and crisp against my skin. We have had it we had to wash them between reviewing them and publishing this post and I can attest that after a traditional machine wash and dry, they come without too many wrinkles and spread on the bed just as nicely as when they were first used!
I really love this brand of linen makers which sells a variety of fine sheets through commerce sites like Wayfair and Nordstrom Rack. They are also a top seller atAmazon!
I am a fan and have been for a while and so much so that I joined as an affiliate and brand ambassador. It’s also a popular brand among celebrities.
It’s having a big holiday sale of up to 50% OFF and FREE Shipping on orders over $149 so I decided to do a quick YouTube video to plug why particularly I love this fashionable brand of maternity clothing.
If you Want to cop some of this brand’s stuff! Happy Shopping!
I believe firmly that new (and vet) parents really ought to invest in certain premium products and heirloom quality baby-related pieces and products that can and will stand the test in time, and can be used over and over again as new members of the family join.
Such items include the baby glider, crib, stroller, car seat and diaper bag which will endure lots of miles of use and as such, and in my opinion, should be made of the best material, pass the highest value standard and overall be considered a genuine investment — meaning perhaps more money is spent on them. This is true for moms and dads.
Now, traditionally, a lot of men prefer not to carry around a typical “diaper bag” because they are usually styled for a mom and have extra feminine flare to them.
Fortunately for modern Millennial dads and beyond, many brands and companies in recent years have sprouted up to cater specifically to the discerning tastes and needs of dads who prefer sleek, styled yet masculine products for when they’re doing “daddy duty” on the go.
We inspected the Leather and Waxed-Canvas 13″ Laptop Case in black which features a tapered bottom that can be slipped into my husband’s work briefcase yet it is sleek in design on its own that he could stand on its own and be carried to a meeting at headquarters.
We were able to squeeze in a notepad, his laptop, a few pens and his mobile phone, earbuds, keys and wallet in one of the few pouches. The sleeve retails for$145.
If we wanted to go with a complete look, we could slip the sleeve into another item in the Otter Pass executive collection, its messenger bag (retail $245) made up of the same materials with a superb cotton twill interior, featuring an adjustable cotton strap with antique brass finished hardware. *swoon* Did someone say “antique brass*?
It is certainly a signature piece with one exterior back slip pocket, 2 front slip pockets, and 1 front zipper pocket. There is more space to store stuff inside including 2 cell pockets, 1 laptop compartment, keychain
Now imagine a small portable organizer with a fob to hook onto the bag or, better yet, a pacifier. It can stand on its own and hold quick wipes, ID cards, credit and library cards for library story time and every thing needed by a work-from-home or working dad doing weekend duty.
I love this brand because of the transparency about the journey its traveled to bring these wonderful products to modern fathers.
The Austin, Texas-based company is named for a lodge built on stilts above water called Passo do Lontra in Otter Pass, in the wetlands in far west Brazil. It is where its founder Jonathan Goudeau used to frequent with his brothers learning from their dad how to hook piranhas, avoid the reeds where alligators hid, spot spider monkeys at dawn, and listen for the wing-beats of the jaburu, according to the company’s “about us” page.
The company’s name and ideals honors the memory of Goudeau’s dad who sadly perished at the hands of a drunk driver when Goudeau was just 17-years old.
You can sense the connectedness and passion for serving fathers who, according to the company’s mission, are better ready for anything and able to connect with their kids when they are organized and have all the tools they need.
The one-year old brand also has a social conscious and altruistic presence as well. Up until yesterday, December 2, it donated 25% of sales from last Giving Tuesday, November 17 to Refugee groups in Austin, Texas.
I can already see that they are out here supporting free trade and challenging slave labor among dis-empowered communities worldwide! Right on! My kind of company!
Editorial disclaimer: Product and monetary compensation were provided in exchange for this review, however, my opinions are mine and my review of the products are made without regard to the complimentary nature and the fact the review may be sponsored.
This comfy cotton blend lightweight tee shirt is a head turner and conversation starter. Every time this summer, fall and pre-winter I have worn this shirt out and about, I get commentary, people stopping me to tell me they like it and generally hat’s off.
We all know motherhood (and parenthood for that matter) isn’t easy. No one is perfect. We are judged harshly by our partners, kids, society, parents, and everyone in between so owning up and having a sense of humor about it can be endearing!
I get it!
And now you can too! GET YOUR contemporary, durable tee SHIRT HERE!
LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE!
and enter code JJSpecial at check out to get your $5.00 OFF brining down the cost of this shirt to just $20 and knowledge that your purchase will support one of your fave parenting sites! ha! j/k But no really!
By now, parents of school-aged children have received first quarter grades and can gauge, after attending a parent-teacher meeting, how well their child is doing in school.
Early in the semester, I was offered aRocketbook Everlast36-page reusable intelligent notebook (retails: $29.49) which allows users to send handwritten notes jotted won on the notebook to their favorite cloud service.
The patented pages look and feel like paper, but they are actually made up of a proprietary page that lets erasable pens and markers bond to them until moisture is applied.
That’s the beauty and genius of this notebook. The notes can be wiped clean after they are scanned and uploaded to the cloud.
It’s like having a 7-subject notebook powered by tech but in one.
The first page of the notebook includes 7 symbols you can assign each subject. After penning notes, the student or biz owner (depending on who is using the notebook and for what purpose), scans the pages and QRC code on the corner and sends it to an associated Rocketbook app which files the notes into the pre-determined category.
After a few uploads or so, students will see a continuous stream of notes. They can use them to create outlines to study from, to print out note cards, or simply to review before class or skim before a quiz or exam.
It cuts out the trauma that would occur if the student were to lose a notebook. It’s great for that kid who loses papers and struggles with organization.
My 16-year old son Caleb tested it out. Now the kid is an honors student tho he misspelled the word “pineapple” in this demo. I think we was joking around but who knows. (ha) Overall, I was impressed that he used it all semester long and took it out frequently. He plans to continue to use it.
Get yours for $29.49 and although that’s a bit steep, the fact that you can reuse it time and time again and get more than a year’s worth of value from it makes it more cost efficient to disposable notebooks! WATCH my son’s demo here!