Maintaining an unaware, “I didn’t know” attitude makes it easier to let the mom alone be held responsible for dealing with teacher inquiries, replying to school requests, filling permission slips, organizing parent-teacher meetings, attending school events and more.
- Include your spouse or partner in EACH AND EVERY COMMUNICATION with the school and teachers.
- CC your husband/partner on all emails
- List their name, email and contact FIRST in school forms so they receive the communication first or as well.
- During dinner or car rides, talk openly and frequently about all the educators, administrators, policies, activities going on and ask their opinion.
- Ask that he turn in a form when he picks up the kids or have him greet them at the bus stop if possible.