Monday was the anniversary of the birthday of that great children’s book author Dr. Seuss (real name Theodor Seuss Geisel) who was born on March 2, 1904. He wrote over 60 books before his death on September 24, 1991.
1. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss
2. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
3. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” ― Dr. Seuss
4. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” ― Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You!
5. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
6. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.” ― Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who!
7. “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” ― Dr. Seuss
8. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” ― Dr. Seuss
9. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” ― Dr. Seuss
10. “You’re off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So… get on your way!” ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
11. “If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.”― Dr. Seuss
12. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”― Dr. Seuss
13. “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
14. “Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”― Dr. Seuss
15. “If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.” ― Dr. Seuss
16. “All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go! and The Lorax
17. “Only you can control your future.” ― Dr. Seuss
18. “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” ― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
19. “They say I’m old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!” ― Dr. Seuss
20. “I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
21. “You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.” ― Dr. Seuss
22. “Be awesome! Be a book nut!”― Dr. Seuss
23. “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.” ― Dr. Seuss
24. “Think and wonder, wonder and think.” ― Dr. Seuss
25. “You’ll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You’ll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
26. “So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.” ― Dr. Seuss
27. “I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.” ― Dr. Seuss, Yertle the Turtle and Gertrude McFuzz
28. “Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball will make you the winning-est winner of all.” ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
29. “Oh, the things you can find if you don’t stay behind!” ― Dr. Seuss
30. “When he worked, he really worked. But when he played, he really PLAYED.” ― Dr. Seuss
31. “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” – Dr. Seuss
32. “Today is your day, your mountain is waiting. So get on your way.” ― Dr. Seuss
33. “Everything stinks till it’s finished.” ― Dr. Seuss
34. “It is better to know how to learn than to know.” ― Dr. Seuss
35. “Sometimes you will never know the value of something,until it becomes a memory.” ― Dr. Seuss