Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9! Again this year, many of us are rethinking how to give extra recognition to moms, especially if we’re apart. Check out 10 fun ideas for spending time with Mom—from a virtual dinner date to a long-distance movie night to a Zoom talent show!
The past year’s been a challenge. Many of us are rethinking how to give extra recognition to moms. Some of us are apart from our moms when we’d normally be together.
How Can We Celebrate Differently?
- Most moms simply wish to connect with their children and spend time with family in any way possible—if not in person, then with a phone call or video chat!
- If your mom is at home, give her a day off from any family chores, especially during this difficult time. Someone else can take full responsibility for making or serving the food, clearing and cleaning the dishes, and doing the laundry. Volunteer!
This probably covers the big stuff, but here are 10 creative ways to reach out to mom to show her a little extra comfort, love, and recognition. After all, moms are always there for us!
1. Offer yard and garden services.
- If you’re local, give Mom a “gift certificate” for your family’s yard and garden services. Help her by laying down mulch. Put the “certificate” in a flower pot with spring-planted bulbs which flower in summer.
- If you’re not local, how about a subscription to The Old Farmer’s Almanac Garden Planner? Any gardener would love it! And it’s an instant present without shipping!